XHTML2 WG Teleconference

11 Apr 2007


See also: IRC log



Steven, McCarron, MarkB, yamx, Melinda_Grant, ShaneM




<alessio> hi all


just coming

Alessio? Are you joining us?


XHTML Basic 1.1

Mark: I propsoie Steven as the chair for this meeting

Shane: Seconded

Steven: We have been asked to publicly reaffirm the CR decision for Basic 1.1
... any objections?


<alessio> Sorry, Steven I'm only on IRC

RESOLUTION: We reaffirm our decision to go to CR with XHTML Basic 1.1

Yamx: About the test fest. It was held at the beginning of March in Helsinki
... there were 4 implementations
... and 3000 tests

Steven: Will the results be published?

Yamx: Not sure when, but they will be made available


Steven: We still don't have all members joined yet, but there are dates in June for a forms ftf; do we want to use it at least for an editor's meeting?

shane: In principle a good idea. Let me check.

Steven: Mark and I will be there for the Forms meeting

Issue tracking


Shane: I have implemented changes that ChrisL and IanJ requested
... this was in response to a call I had with Ian and Chris
... we have many comments we haven't yet addressed
... and I explained the issues around that
... we talked about handling issues after they are submitted
... they are submitted to www-html-editor, and then we filter and forward them to the issue handling
... system
... DoCs were also raised
... because there is no defined format in W3C
... I updated the format of our DoCs, with classes, counts, and user disposition
... to make it easier to skim a DoC
... and I added something to track substantive issues (vs editorial/no change etc)
... I have also added a help page


Steven: Excellent stuff Shane

Shane: By the way, the next XHTML 1.* issue will be number 10,000!

New drafts system

Shane: We are now a public WG, and the editor's drafts need to be public


scribe: So I created a page that gets generated once a day
... with all details of new drafts, diffs etc

Melinda: So there is no such thing as a private version now?

Shane: I agree I have concerns
... but it is the price to pay for being a public WG

<ShaneM> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Drafts - note that this page does not work on IE right now

<alessio> ok

[discussion of how public WGs will and should operate]

<ShaneM> most recent drafts are at Drafts/shortname, btw

Steven: Nice!

Shane: And the main page is annotated with RDFa, and this will update the RSS feed

Melinda: Cool!


Shane: Nothing to discuss this meeting. Just note that it is there
... Note that I have produced an HTML4.01+RDFa DTD as an exercise
... but that we are not chartered to produce such a thing
... is this useful, should it be part of the draft?

Mark: Definitely useful, not sure if it should be part of the draft
... maybe we should put it somewhere else

Shane: If we want to promote RDFa, it is essential

<ShaneM> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Drafts/Overview.xhtml?.html

Shane: because it doesn't work in IE otherwise

Steven: there is a trick, us a URL that ends with ".html"

[tries, fails]

Mark: Well, send it as HTML then; what do we lose?

Shane: Firefox has a bug with respect to internal subsets
... we need a solution for the internet

Mark: We need to put some time into this to find a solution

Melinda: This is just working round lack of IE support

Mark: I think that we should produce XHTML and render to HTML

<scribe> ACTION: Steven to add media type issue to next week's agenda [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/11-xhtml-minutes.html#action01]


Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Steven to add media type issue to next week's agenda [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/04/11-xhtml-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.128 (CVS log)
$Date: 2008/03/13 16:35:58 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.128  of Date: 2007/02/23 21:38:13  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/Tle/Tele/
Succeeded: s/fORMS fTf/forms ftf/
Succeeded: s/DO WE WANT TO USE IT AT LEAST FOR AN EDITOR'S MEETING/do we want to use it at least for an editor's meeting/
Succeeded: s/sHANE/shane/
Succeeded: s/iN PRINCIPLE A GOOD IDEA. lET ME CHECK/In principle a good idea. Let me check/
Succeeded: s/sTEVEN/Steven/
Succeeded: s/mARK AND i WILL BE THERE FOR THE fORMS MEETING/Mark and I will be there for the Forms meeting/
Succeeded: s/S/... S/
Succeeded: s/shp/sh/
Succeeded: s/TH/Th/
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: Steven
Inferring Scribes: Steven
Default Present: Steven, McCarron, MarkB, yamx, Melinda_Grant, ShaneM
Present: Steven McCarron MarkB yamx Melinda_Grant ShaneM
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xhtml2/2007Apr/0004
Got date from IRC log name: 11 Apr 2007
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2007/04/11-xhtml-minutes.html
People with action items: steven
[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]