See also: IRC log
<scribe> scribe: SergeyB
<scribe> scribeNick: SergeyB
<cferris> scribe: SergeyB
<monica> good morning
<cferris> or afternoon as the case may be
<cferris> or evening
<cferris> or late night (hi felix)
<fsasaki> hi :)
<monica> good 'day'
<whenry> asir, is Dan going to join
<cferris> charlton to scribe next week
<cferris> RESOLUTION: http://www.w3.org/2007/01/31-ws-policy-minutes.html approved
Chris: Last weeks' minutes are approved
<cferris> Draft minutes (member only):
<cferris> RESOLUTION: Minutes from f2f as above approved
<scribe> Chair: Felix put the details on the admin page
<PaulC> http://www.w3.org/2007/05/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html is now live.
Prasad: we received no comments so far
Chris: we'll cover it in today's 7.c
<asir> Prasad, Chris is referring to 4306 & 4307
Asir: Action-183 should be marked as completed
Chris: Action-189 is pending, details are welcomed as early as possible
Maryann: Action 192 is done
<FHirsch> 196 should be closed http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0215.html
Frederick: Action-196 should be closed
Monica: Action 193 can be closed
Asir: shouild we open a new issue so it can be tracked better ?
William: Action 201 is about two
... will talk with Dan Roth
Chris: lets close Action 202
Issue 4301 is done (see 9c in the agenda)
Chris: need one more week for Action204
Glen: Action 209 is done
Action 210 is done by Felix
Prasad: will send the updates on Action-211 later this week
MarkTR: Action-212 is done
Maryann: Action215 is closed
Umit: had no chance to deal with Action-216
<prasad> I just forwarded Skip's note reg. scenario 42 to the public list
Paul: WSDL Working group change their WSDLBinding doc and would like to align it with the WS-Policy framework spec
Maryann: will review the doc, probably in about two weeks
<scribe> ACTION: Maryann, Asir and Umit to review the changed WSDLBinding document [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/07-ws-policy-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Maryann,
<cferris> ACTION: Maryann to work with Asir and Umit to review the changed WSDLBinding document [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/07-ws-policy-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-219 - Work with Asir and Umit to review the changed WS-A Metadata document [on Maryann Hondo - due 2007-02-14].
Chris: CR drafts should be reviewed
<maryann> isn't the due date the 21st?
Felix: ws-policy media type
should be changed
... need to follow the registration procedure
<cferris> RESOLUTION: 4307 closed with the proposal from felix in the issue itself
<fsasaki> related editors AI is http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicyeds/actions/open
Chris: Item 4306 is about
updating the namespace document
... lets do a 2-step change
... deprecate http://www.w3.org/2006/07/ws-policy/
is a first step
Chris: http://www.w3.org/ns/ws-policy is the new one
<Zakim> asir, you wanted to offer support and ask a question
... This namespace doc is similar to the one in the attachment and framework docs, that one needs to be updated too
Paul: change all the replicated data
Umit: what about items at risk ?
Paul: it's possible that at-risk features can be dropped which will mean they can be moved into a seperate document, as one possible option
Chris: we agreed to use new namespace at the last f2f
<umit> +1 to Glen
Glen: new namespace might cause some incompatibilty issues now
Paul: in the worst-case scenario this new ns will be lost if we're to move back to the working draft ns
Glen: we should discuss at-risk issues first before making a decision on CR
Paul: this a seperate issue
Chris: at-risk features motivate us to try to make sure they don't get removed
<PaulC> framework 2.3 and attachment section 2.2. need to be changed as well.
<PaulC> Change the old document to state it is depcrecated to point to the new one.
<PaulC> Change the new ns namespace document with the proposed text.
<cferris> RESOLUTION: Issue 4306 resolved with the proposal in issue 4306 as amended above
Monica: as soon as CR is published, primer and guidelines need to be aligned
<cferris> ACTION: Chris to work with Felix and Paul to ensure that the namespace document is updated accordingly when we publish the CR drafts [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/07-ws-policy-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-220 - Work with Felix and Paul to ensure that the namespace document is updated accordingly when we publish the CR drafts [on Christopher Ferris - due 2007-02-14].
<cferris> RESOLUTION: WG agrees unanimously to request transition to CR for the WS-Policy 1.5 Framework and Attachment specifications as amended above
<asir> Congrats everyone!!!
<fsasaki> congrats as well :)
Prasad: what is the process for incorporating resolutions for issues 4306 and 4307 and producing the updated CR drafts ?
Chris: we've scheduled a CR
review for 21st of February
... we have to close all the editorial actions no later than 13th of Feb, before sending a transitional email
Chris: we need a list of implementers
<cferris> paul: we need a diff from the previous public WD
<asir> Microsoft will participate in CR interop testing
<maryann> IBM will participate in the CR interop
Paul: we need a report with a list of companies expecting to take part in the interop testing
<prasad> we did not know this question would be asked today :)
Chris: can we get more than 2 companies ?
<prasad> I expect webM but, I cannot confirm today
<dmoberg> Axway is discussing it but I am looking for resource
Chris, Paul : no need for a product announcement, just an imlementation will do
<whenry> I will check with IONA but cannot confirm today.
<sanka> WSO2 is expecting to participate in the Interop ..
<Symon> BEA is maybe for Interop
<PaulC> Summary: IBM, MSFT and WS02 for sure
<asir> Toufic is absent too
<PaulC> Maybe's include: Webmethods, Axway, Iona
<PaulC> Members absent: BEA, Layer7, Oracle
<Symon> BEA is maybe
Umit: what is a target for the interop event ?
<PaulC> Maybe's include: Webmethods, Axway, Iona, BEA
<PaulC> Members absent: Layer7, Oracle
Chris: hope at least 7 companies will participate
<PaulC> Other members: SAP, Fujitsu, Adobe, Nortel, Sun
Chris: CR period will cover the next at least two f2f meetings
<PaulC> Other members: SAP, Fujitsu, Adobe, Nortel, Sun, Sonic
Chris: no pressure
<cferris> rrsaget, where am i?
Chris: we'll highligh the fact we had 7 participants at the last event
Asir: we have to show each
feature in the framework and attachments drafts have been
... For successful CR I propose to mark 3 features being at risk
... ignorable assertions, external policy attachments, attaching policies using uddi
Umit: the outcome of the interop
will determine the real progress with these features
... see no rule for determining the fate of features at risk
Chris: features at risk is a
motivating factor for those keen on keeping that feature
... test scenarious are not complete
... more tests will be welcomed
... rule for exit is demonstrating an interop for two or more of such features at risk
... it's up to us really
Glen: respectfully disagrees features at risk is a motivating factor
<TRutt_> +1 to glen
Glen: would not be glad to see ignorable assertions being marked as a feature at risk given the amount of time/effort spent
<umit> +1 to Prasad and Glen
Prasad: in UDDI client and server implementations can come from diff vendors
Chris: features at risk won't necessarily mean they'll be removed, it allows the WG make progress
<GlenD> another way to put what Chris just said is that if you do NOT mark a feature "at risk", then you as a group believe that feature is in fact core to the specification, and thus the spec SHOULD NOT advance without interoperable implementations thereof.
Felix: 'ignorable' is part of the updated test scenarious
<umit> Asir, could you qualify (2) do you mean the entire section???
<umit> was going to go into the queue to ask this point
Chris: if we remove a feature at risk eventually then it can be moved to the other spec
Asir: if we mark something at risk then my assumption WG will have a lower bar, say just 2 companies should interop
Chris: we need to finish agenda item 8...
Maryann: more time would be preferred
<maryann> +1 to umit
<asir> b) External Policy Attachment maps to Section 3.4, Attachment draft
Chris: apparently more time is needed to decide on the list of features
Paul: this needs to be resolved asap
Chris: we need to indicate a
minimal period for the Last Call to last
... CR period can last into June or July
... Earliest date is the end of May, reasonable ?
Umit: Early bar is not a good idea
<umit> I agree with Asir
Asir: early bar is good, we'll have a time to discuss issues in June
Chris: at least 2 companies
should demonstrate interop with default requirements, this is a
... we have more than two companies interoperating, so what about a higher bar ?
... can go with different level bars for features at and at no risk
Asir: WSDL2.0 attachments are not at risk, but there're only two implementations out there
Paul: we can probably get 5 to 6 people, then 4 companies will be a reasobale bar for main features, 2 for features at risk and for WSDL2.0 attachments
Chris: lets use July as a marker
for the end of CR period
... we'll set July as an expected date
... encourages people to use bugzilla to track what they think is missing from the test suite
<prasad> I like to point out that we are losing editors and a number had been missing for weeks :(
Paul: would like the editors to start thinking about converting that doc
<scribe> ACTION: Editors to start thinking about converting the document at 10 01http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0143.html [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/02/07-ws-policy-minutes.html#action04]
Chris: well done everyone
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.127 of Date: 2005/08/16 15:12:03 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/out/put/ FAILED: s/out/put/ Succeeded: s/liek/like/ Succeeded: s/WSDLBinding/WS-A Metadata/ WARNING: Bad s/// command: s/open/open/4307/ Succeeded: s/4307/156/ Succeeded: s/attachment doc/attachment and framework docs/ Succeeded: s/Chris:/Glen:/ Succeeded: s/resolving issues 4306 and 4307/incorporating resolutions for issues 4306 and 4307 and producing the updated CR drafts ?/ Succeeded: s/fro mt/from t/ Succeeded: s/thise/these/ Succeeded: s/these/those/ Succeeded: s/WF/WG/ Succeeded: s/geatures/features/ Succeeded: s/maiin/main/ Succeeded: s/marker/marker for the end of CR period/ Succeeded: s/eveyone/everyone/ Found Scribe: SergeyB Inferring ScribeNick: SergeyB Found ScribeNick: SergeyB Found Scribe: SergeyB Inferring ScribeNick: SergeyB Default Present: Charlton_Barreto, Sergey_Beryozkin, maryann, Mark_Temple-Raston, Felix, Frederick_Hirsch, Chris_Ferris, Tom_Rutt, asir, Fabian, Mark_Little, m2, Paul_Cotton, Prasad_Yendluri, sanka, GlenD, whenry, Arnaud, Dale_Moberg, Umit, Abbie_Barbir, symon_chang Present: 06Charlton_Barreto Sergey_Beryozkin maryann Mark_Temple-Raston William_Henry Felix Frederick_Hirsch Chris_Ferris asir Fabian Tom_Rutt Mark_Little m2 01_06Paul_Cotton Prasad_Yendluri01 Sanka Glen Arnaud Abbie Symon Umit Dale WARNING: Replacing previous Regrets list. (Old list: DaveO) Use 'Regrets+ ... ' if you meant to add people without replacing the list, such as: <dbooth> Regrets+ Daniel, Roth Regrets: Daniel Roth Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Feb/0027.html Got date from IRC log name: 7 Feb 2007 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2007/02/07-ws-policy-minutes.html People with action items: asir chris editors maryann umit WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines. You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]