See also: IRC log
<pasquale> Hi Raphael, good morning
<raphael> Thanks for updating the Resources page ! I have added some resources too
<pasquale> yes ;-) thanks to you!
<pasquale> unfortunately today i can only irc :-(
<chalaschek> Hi Raphael, how are you
<giovannit> conference in 5 minutes?
<giovannit> hi raphael :-)
<giovannit> well the tools wiki page has started.. its not in bad shape. it wil lbecome better as we all update it when we find a new tool
<giovannit> about the music use case.. its a difficult UC! :-) i am now editing to write how lame ID3 specs are.
<giovannit> christian sends regrets
<raphael> Giovanni, you can already take the big old list of the MM TF
<raphael> Will it not better to do DOAP file for each tool ? and generate automatically the web page ?
<giovannit> i have pointed at your list already (image annotations)
<raphael> This should not point to, but replace !
<raphael> the old page will disappear soon :-)
<raphael> Scribe: raphael
zakim Giovanni is giovannit
<giovannit> thanks raph
PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 12 October 2006 telecon: ACCEPTED
PROPOSED next telecon 9 November 2006: ACCEPTED
<Jacco> Raphael: Vocabularies & resource wiki page start to look really good
<Jacco> Others: if you have additions, do not send mail to list but edit these wiki pages
<Jacco> Raphael: what about the tools pages?
<Jacco> Giovanni, I've started working on it
<Jacco> Used the old SWBPD page and added audio, video stuff
<Jacco> Giovanni: I'm not sure DOAP files have added value...
<Jacco> Giovanni: not sure how to generate html file from RDF
<Jacco> Raphael: see link above for DOAP to HTML
<giovannit> proposal: an informal meeting at ISWC?
<giovannit> "informal" ?
PROPOSED next telecon 16 November 2006, and next one the 23rd November
<OS> Raphael, for us the 23rd is a problem
<Jacco> ACTION: raphael to add the NewsML entry on the vocabularies wiki page: DONE [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action01]
<Jacco> ACTION: Pasquale to maintain the Resources page: DONE [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]
<Jacco> ACTION: Michael to maintain the Vocabularies page: DONE [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action03]
<Jacco> ACTION: Giovanni and Christian to maintain the Tools page: DONE [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]
These actions are rather continuously pending until the end of this XG
<Jacco> Giovanni: what about an informal meeting at ISWC?
<scribe> ACTION: Jeff to arrange an informal F2F of the XG [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action05]
<Jacco> ACTION: Paul, Melli to do their wiki page: CONTINUED [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]
<Jacco> ACTION: ACTION: Thierry to do his wiki page: DONE [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action07]
Image Annotation on the Semantic Web
<Jacco> ACTION: Raphael addresses the comments on "Image Annotation": CONTINUED [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action08]
I'm still working on the formatting issues
<Jacco> jeff: are we still using the swbpd website?
<Jacco> raphael: that should be changed too
Use cases on Interoperability Problems:
<Jacco> raphael: main issue for this teleconf is to assign reviewers to each use case
<Jacco> Giovanni: I asked my reviewers to wait a while
Giovanni: my mind was to build a complete SW music application
<Jacco> I've looked at ID3 version 1, version 2 seems like a mess
Giovanni: now I have understood that we should focus on integrating musical vocabularies
Turn ID3 into RDF ?
but the values are still not controlled, a string and not a URI
<Jacco> defining the semantics of the ID3 tags is easy, the values will be difficult
<Jacco> some ID3 fields allow the use of controlled vocabularies
<Jacco> giovanni: yes, you can, but what about existing metadata that doesn't
giovanni: call for more volunteers in this use case
<scribe> Scribe: Jacco, Raphael
<Jacco> Giovanni: we need to find a balance between converting everything to RDF and have no RDF at all
<Jacco> Raphael: exactly, and the use case need to show that balance
<Jacco> ACTION: Jacco to review music use case [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action09]
<Jacco> ACTION: Raphael to ask UPF to review music use case [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action10]
<Jacco> Raphael: Thierry and Chris are also editing this use case now
<Jacco> We will have more now that IPTC members have become members too
<Jacco> We have presented a use case and shown how it can be represented in NewsML and a boradcast format
<Jacco> and show how this can be better represented in OWL, with example DL reasoning
<Jacco> Jeff: what about News At Seven project, see link above?
<Jacco> Raphael: we mentioned it in the wiki page
<Jacco> anyone on IRC that likes to review the news use case?
<Jacco> ACTION: Jeff to review use case [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action11]
<OS> which one?
<JeffP> the News
<OS> we are more interested in the MPEG-7 one
<Jacco> Melli is not here...
<Jacco> Raphael: I provided comments already, it seems to be a mature use case
<Jacco> ACTION: Suzanne to review MPEG7 use case by next teleconf [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]
<Jacco> Suzanne Boll is not here
<Jacco> Ioannis is not here, Raphael sent in comment by the mail list today
<Jacco> Massimo: thanks for the comments Raphael
I proposed a possible collaboration with Melli
<Jacco> Could even become a single use case?
<Jacco> George is not here but sent a status update to the list
<Jacco> Jeff: should we have a key aspect the reviewers of all use cases do focus on?
<Jacco> Like identify common problems or interoperability issues across use cases
<Jacco> We need to be able to draw some conclusions at the end
<Jacco> having these issues explcicit would make the life of use case authors and reviewers easier
<Jacco> giovanni: one could review how much effort the use case requires and how realistic it is
<Jacco> ... and how existing "legacy" metadata fits into the scenario
<Jacco> Jeff: we could start discussing this on the mailing list
<Jacco> Raphael: yes, but Vassilis needs to take the lead in this
<Jacco> ACTION: Vassilis to lead discussion on organizing common aspects of all use cases [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action13]
<Jacco> ACTION: Jacco, CNR, others to fill in the f2f form [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action14]
<Jacco> Giovanni: I cannot make the f2f
<Jacco> Jacco: I like to attend via teleconf too
<Jacco> Yannis: there are two days, Friday there is a room at the SAMT venue
<scribe> ACTION: Raphael to send the details of the F2F [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action15]
Friday: SAMT conference hotel, http://www.divanis.com/acropolis/default-en.htm
Saturday: NTUA campus
<Jacco> There will be wireless connection at the conf hotel
Book your flight tickets and hotel now, since the Divanis hotel will be full
<Jacco> On Saturday their will be a room at the campus
<Jacco> Yannis: there is a special rate for conf. participants
there is a reduced price of 100 euros, single or double room precising SAMT
<Jacco> see samt website
before November 5th for the Hotel registration
<giovannit> bye bye
<Jacco> Scribe: Raphael, Jacco
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.127 of Date: 2005/08/16 15:12:03 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/should/do/ Succeeded: s/Metings/Meetings/ Succeeded: s/6th/5th/ Found Scribe: raphael Inferring ScribeNick: raphael Found Scribe: Jacco, Raphael Found Scribe: Raphael, Jacco Scribes: raphael, Jacco, Raphael, Raphael, Jacco Default Present: Jacco, Jeff_Pan, chalaschek, Ovidio_Massimo_Suzanne, giovannit, Yannis, raphael Present: Raphael Jacco Jeff Chris Giovanni Ovidio Massimo Suzanne Yiannis Regrets: Thomas_Franz Susanne_Boll Paola_Hobson Ioannis_Pratikakis Michael_Hausenblas Stamatia Melli George Patrizia Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2006Oct/0053.html Got date from IRC log name: 26 Oct 2006 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html People with action items: cnr jacco jeff melli others paul raphael suzanne vassilis[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]