See also: IRC log
<PaulC> Good morning Chris.
<PaulC> Chris: Do we need to schedule a 1:1 this week to discuss the F2F agenda?
<PaulC> Chris: Could we do the meeting early on Friday AM PT?
<cferris> yes, that would be fine
<cferris> I have a working draft that I will update after the call
<PaulC> Chris: If you send it to me then we can discuss on Friday.
Scribe for 12 September F2F: Glen Daniels
<felix-boulder> Glen will do the first morning of scribing at the f2f
Paul C: Comments on Agenda
I am listed as scribe.
<cferris> Chair: PaulC
Paul C: Review of agenda
<cferris> Scribe: Monica
PaulC: Discuss meeting plan at F2F next week
<cferris> ACTION: Chris to include meeting schedule discussion in F2F agenda [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/06-ws-policy-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Chris
PaulC: On glossary terms, each
definitions is in document and hyperlinked.
... How do you handle defs from another document?
dorchard: Attachment document
links to glossary section.
... All links should be attached to Attachment document, for example.
<asir> it appears that these links are broken
PaulC: These links are broken.
dorchard: Action is still open then.
felix-boulder: Will handle this action item
<scribe> ACTION: felix-boulder on the action item related to terms and links. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/06-ws-policy-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - felix-boulder
<felix-boulder> ACTION: Felix on the action item related to terms and links [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/06-ws-policy-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-84 - on the action item related to terms and links [on Felix Sasaki - due 2006-09-13].
PaulC: Want to vote on these
documents at the F2F.
... Add to agenda for F2F.
PaulC: Add agenda item for F2F for Action 48
PaulC: Due date 8 September
... Proposal for 3599 for Ashok Malhotra
Ashok: On vacation, was due for F2F
PaulC: Due date 8 September 2006
Paul C: Action 79 (Issue 3623)
PaulC: Due 30 September
... Requires coordination.
... Action 81 (Issue 3620)
... Due 7 September 2006
... I've questioned if this is out of scope
... Action 83 (Issue 3577)
MaryAnn: Present at F2F; will
... Provide context of the primer
PaulC: (modified) Action 83 is
for primer; question if related to 3577?
... May have a missing action item
<maryann> yes i am
Chris: Issue 3577 - is this covered in the primer proposal?
PaulC: I think we have different
items here. Action 83 will be addressed at F2F.
... Issue 3577 is already on F2F agenda.
... Completed review of action items
<FrederickHirsch> I did not hear what Maryann said.
<maryann> maryann to investigate whether 3577 is covered by primer
MaryAnne: Investigate whether Issue 3577 is covered by primer.
PaulC: No responses thus far; please explain
DavidO: What would happen if
policy language is extended or versioned?
... New or modified may be compatible or not to previous ones.
... For extensions, 6 elements allow extensibility for example.
... Provides explanation.
... Policy Framework or Attachment could evolve
... Show example
... When a new Policy version is produced, it is built to be compatible with a previous version
DavidO: Compatible new operator
in language discussed
... Example of policy in two different versions, that may not be compatible
PaulC: Questions now?
... Material may go in primer that is direction on how to evolve policy language itself?
DavidO: This may be done by WG or someone else?
DavidO: Exchange of policy will
be WSDL and UDDI
... Could have separate WSDL with different versions of WSDL
... How to query these is difficult
... Show example
MaryAnn: This begs further
... Confused if primer is a guidelines for use of this version. Separate guidelines for extension from future versions
DavidO: Deal with forward
... Primer would assist
MaryAnn: Primer should show best practices of current framework including how future versions of policy language are done in the context of best practices
DavidO: Two audiences - future WG or other parties
<toufic> kudos to zakim? :)
<Nadalin> phone just died will call back in
<toufic> oops! did i say that out loud??
<dorchard> inner irc?
<toufic> good, thanks monica
PaulC: Carry Action 28 to agenda
... Link various primer items together in F2F
PaulC: Pend for F2F
... Update Bugzilla for meeting pointer so we can determine how issues resolved in list 7.
... Issue 3543 and 3586
... Query Issue 3562 for the F2F agenda
... Query Moberg on Issue 3565
<whenry> I am here
<asir> Felix - 3562 was closed on July 26th - see http://www.w3.org/2006/07/26-ws-policy-minutes.html
PaulC: Henry to resolve Issue
... Toufic to handle Issue 3616
Topics: Issues for processing
<whenry> FYI I've closed out 3605 in bugzilla
PaulC: Do you agree?
DavidO: Element extensibility for PolicyReference element
Asir: Need to be consistent with the extensibility to other languages
DavidO: Want to address #3 first
<PaulC> Item 3: The attribute extensibility should be for attributes for any
<PaulC> Item 3: ... namespace
DavidO: This is a simple editorial change that the attributes can be from any namespace
DavidO: Document and schema
... #1 and #2 have already been done by WG agreement
<cferris> action3 -
DavidO: These were action
... Align document text with schema
PaulC: Agreed on #3 - No objections
<cferris> ACTION- 3
DavidO: Rule in WS-*, use any
namespace for attribute or element extensibility with one
... Agree with Asir that other is used
... Prefer any to other
Asir: Elements use ##other
... Push for consistency with other metadata languages like WSDL and framework
DavidO: This is not relevant to the point made
PaulC: Creating problem like in other meta-data specs?
DavidO: WSDL defs have child elements that are optional
PaulC: Can you live with his proposals?
Asir: Extensibility will be different for different elements
ChrisF: If you want to extend namespace for optional functionality in same namespace, you can do this with ##other
Asir: Can't add elements to existing namespace
ChrisF: You are missing the point
DavidO: We haven't allowed extensibility that may be desired. Is this a separate issue?
ChrisF: Fairly useful ability to extend a namespace without changing vocabulary
DavidO: Agrees, we have for attributes
Paul: Asir, today's position is different than in the text of the email
PaulC: More discussion needed
ChrisF: Need new issue or action?
<scribe> ACTION: DaveO Create issue questioning use of any namespace than any namespace for element extensibility [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/06-ws-policy-minutes.html#action04]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - DaveO
PaulC: Action related to #4 and agenda item for F2F
Frederick: Specific is declarative than procedural. Consistent with W3C work
Frederick: Address editorial items for this
PaulC: Address in agenda for F2F
Ashok: Wrote wording. Asir provided feedback.
<asir> Fine with me
<cferris> ACTION: Christoper to follow-up with Felix/Dean to resolve issue with Tracker in that it doesn't record actions when the actionee's name is not exactly the same as that recorded in the Tracker database... should be recorded as unassigned [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/06-ws-policy-minutes.html#action05]
<trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Christoper
<Yakov> +1 to Ashok
Ashok: Add 'etc'.
<PaulC> Changed to be:
<PaulC> Domain Expressions may be used to refer to WSDL 1.1 definitions, WSDL 2.0 components, endpoint references, etc.
Changed to be:
Domain Expressions may be used to refer to WSDL 1.1 definitions, WSDL 2.0 components, endpoint references, etc.
RESOLUTION: Issue 3557 Resolved with change as amended today.
PaulC: Have we handled?
... Check namespace policy to see
... Queue up discussion for the F2F agenda
PaulC: Chairs will carry forward
PaulC: WS-Addressing WG has not
yet met on this issue
... Contact Bob Freund after 11 Sept WS-A meeting
... Carry to F2F agenda
PaulC: Concrete proposal with no responses
Yakov: Cosmetic - Strange that 'evaluate' wasn't defined in the specification
<PaulC> Proposed text:
<PaulC> Web Services Policy 1.5 - Framework provides a single policy language to allow both kinds of assertions to be expressed and evaluated in a consistent manner.
PaulC: Proposed text
<asir> + 1 to the proposed change
PaulC: Web Services Policy 1.5 -
Framework provides a single policy language to allow both kinds
of assertions to be expressed and evaluated in a consistent
PaulC: Any objections?
<asir> ACTION: Editors to implement the resolution for issue 3607 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/06-ws-policy-minutes.html#action06]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-89 - Implement the resolution for issue 3607 [on Editors - due 2006-09-13].
RESOLUTION; Issue 3607 Resolved as proposed in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Aug/0115.html
<asir> ACTION: Editors to implement the resolution for issue 3557 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/06-ws-policy-minutes.html#action07]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-90 - Implement the resolution for issue 3557 [on Editors - due 2006-09-13].
<PaulC> Current thread is at:
Frederick: Need to develop a proposal
<scribe> ACTION: Frederick to develop proposal for Issue 3549 for F2F (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Aug/0117.html) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/06-ws-policy-minutes.html#action08]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-91 - Develop proposal for Issue 3549 for F2F (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Aug/0117.html) [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2006-09-13].
<whenry> Sorry, I got dropped off the call. Back on now.
PaulC: Was looking for guidance
Ashok: Have received comments
from Daniel Roth and Abbie Barbir
... On Issue 3638, do what WS-SecurityPolicy does.
Ashok: Need to discuss with
product team and then advise
... This is a possible resolution
PaulC: Allow one week and require no spec change?
Ashok: I do not know if there will be no spec change
PaulC: Add Issue 3638 to F2F Agenda
Ashok: Pend for one more week
<maryann> i would like more time to respond to ashok as well
<PaulC> For 3638 see:
PaulC: Relates to Issue 3638, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0009.html
PaulC: (correction) Relates to
... (correction) Relates to Issue 3638, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0011.html
Ashok: Need further WG input
<PaulC> See also re 3639:
PaulC: For 3639, look at
... Add Issue 3639 to F2F agenda
PaulC: This may be out of scope. Daniels provide information for F2F agenda
PaulC: Any other business?
Adjourn 10:34 a.m. PT, 6 September 2006
<GlenD> see y'all next week!
<cferris> zakim. who is here?
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.127 of Date: 2005/08/16 15:12:03 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/Query Issue 3567 for the F2F agenda/Query Issue 3562 for the F2F agenda/ Succeeded: s/ in other specs?/ like in other meta-data specs?/ Found Scribe: Monica Inferring ScribeNick: scribe WARNING: No scribe lines found matching previous ScribeNick pattern: <Monica> ... Present: Abbie_Barbir Mark_Little SergeyBeryozkin PaulC Chris_Ferris Toufic_Boubez Vladimir Glen Jeff_Crump Frederick_Hirsch Yakov_Sverdlov m2 Felix Jong_Lee Fabian whenry_(muted) Charlton_Barreto DOrchard Maryann Prasad Ashok Tony_Nadalin Asir Dan Sanka Jeff_M Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0018.html Got date from IRC log name: 6 Sep 2006 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2006/09/06-ws-policy-minutes.html People with action items: chris christoper daveo editors felix felix-boulder frederick WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines. You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]