From XG Provenance Wiki
The Provenance Incubabor Group has regular telecons, scheduled weekly on Friday at 11am Boston time.
Bridge US: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim) Bridge UK: +44.117.370.6152 Bridge FR: +33.4.89.06.34.99 Conference code : 98765 Duration : 60 minutes
The calls are coordinated with an IRC channel #prov-xg. You can simply go to http://irc.w3.org/?channels=prov-xg.
- 26 Nov 10 Draft WG charter Agenda Minutes
- 19 Nov 10 Discussion on WG charter issues Agenda Minutes
- 12 Nov 10 Review of full draft of final report, and discussion on WG charter issues Agenda Minutes
- 5 Nov 10 Discussion on provenance and web architecture, and deliverables for the WG charter Agenda
- 29 Oct 10 Discussion about how to situate the provenance in the web architecture and updates from the final report Agenda, Minutes
- 22 Oct 10 Goals and scope for a working group recommendation Agenda, Minutes
- 15 Oct 10: Planning final report Agenda, Minutes
- 8 Oct 10: Open Provenance Model Vocabulary overview, planning final report Agenda, Minutes
- 1 Oct 10: Discussion of definition of provenance Agenda, Minutes
- 24 Sep 10: Discussion of recommendations Agenda, Minutes
- 17 Sep 10: Initial discussion of recommendations from the group Agenda, Minutes
- 10 Sep 10: Initial discussion of recommendations from the group Agenda, Minutes
- 3 Sep 10: Plan wrap up activities for the group Agenda, Minutes
- 27 Aug 10: Discuss gap analysis for Business Contract scenario, discuss state of the art report document Agenda, Minutes
- 20 Aug 10: Discuss gap analysis for Disease Outbreak scenario, start relevant research for Business Contract scenario Agenda, Minutes
- 13 Aug 10: Review/discuss gap analysis for Disease Outbreak scenario, Agenda, Minutes
- 6 Aug 10: Final report on provenance vocabulary mappings, review gap analysis for News Aggregator scenario, Agenda, Minutes
- 30 Jul 10: Start work on state of the art for News Aggregator scenario, Agenda, Minutes
- 23 Jul 10: Status of tagging citations, Agenda, IRC log
- 16 Jul 10: Citations for each scenario, Agenda, Minutes
- 9 Jul 10: Issues with tagging citations, Agenda, Minutes
- 2 Jul 10: Proposals for tagging citations, Agenda, Minutes
- 25 Jun 10: Planning related work for state-of-the-art report Agenda, Minutes
- 18 Jun 10: Analysis of Disease Outbreak Scenario, Agenda, Minutes
- 11 Jun 10: Discussion on provenance vocabulary mappings, Agenda, Minutes
- 4 Jun 10: Premis, Agenda, Minutes
- 28 May 10: Provenance and Multimedia, Agenda, Minutes Action Items for vocabulary mappings
- 21 May 10: Provenance and the Social Web, Agenda, Minutes
- 14 May 10: Provenance Vocabulary and Provenir Ontology, Agenda, Minutes
- 7 May 10: Discussion on security and digital signatures with Thomas Roessler, W3C, Agenda, Minutes
- 30 Apr 10: Report on the April 25-26 Face-to-Face Meeting, Agenda, Minutes, Action items
- 23 Apr 10: Planning the state-of-the-art group report (cont'd), Agenda, Minutes, Action items
- 16 Apr 10: Planning the state-of-the-art group report, PML, Agenda, Minutes
- 9 Apr 10: Requirements report, RDF Next Steps workshop paper, Agenda, Minutes
- 26 Mar 10: Dublin Core Metadata Initiative, Agenda, Minutes, Action items
- 19 Mar 10: Requirements report, data.gov.uk update, RDF next steps paper update, Agenda, Minutes, Action items
- 12 Mar 10: Mid-year considerations, Agenda, Minutes, Action items
- 5 Mar 10: Provenance and Named Graphs, Named Graphs presentation by Chris Bizer, Agenda, Minutes, and Notes
- 26 Feb 10: Provenance in (and among) databases, organized by James Cheney, Agenda and Notes
- 19 Feb 10: OPM, Agenda, presentation by Luc Moreau and notes (please contact Paolo Missier with comments and requests for editing changes)
- 12 Feb 10: eGovernment requirements for provenance, Agenda Minutes, Notes
- 05 Feb 10: Discussion on requirements plus next steps: Agenda, Minutes, Action Items
- 29 Jan 10: Discussion of requirements: Agenda, Minutes, Action Items
- 22 Jan 10: Discussion of requirements: Agenda, Minutes, Items
- 15 Jan 10: Review organization of the requirement document: Agenda, Minutes, Action Items
- 08 Jan 10: Organization of use cases: Agenda, Minutes, Action Items
- 18 Dec 09: Review of all use cases: Agenda, Minutes, Action Items
- 11 Dec 09: Curation of use cases: Agenda, Minutes, Action Items
- 4 Dec 09: Review a few selected use cases: Agenda, Minutes, Action Items
- 20 Nov 09: Provenance dimensions: Agenda, Minutes, Action Items
- 13 Nov 09: Collecting use cases: Agenda, Minutes, Action items
- 06 Nov 2009: Use Cases and Schedule: Agenda, Minutes, IRC log, Action Items
- 30 Oct 2009: Introduction to the XG: Agenda, Minutes, IRC Log
A Brief Introduction to IRC
This section has instructions for how to to participate in W3C telecons using IRC. The information here should be sufficient to allow you to participate, we also provide pointers if you are interested to learn more.
Because many meetings at W3C involve people in different locations, they are run using IRC to manage turns to speak during the calls as well as note taking in a way that is coordinated. The IRC channel and the phone are coordinated through what is called the Zakim Bridge. If you do not have access to IRC or the Internet, you can always participate only over the phone.
Basic Information to Participate in IRC
A simple way to participate in IRC is to go to:
and fill the form with the following information:
Nick: <a nickname that will identify you in the channel> Realname: <your real name> Channel: prov-xg
Once you are there you will also be able to see the meeting notes as they are typed by the scribe.
You can make a comment by typing a short message in the prompt at the bottom of the screen and submitting it.
You can ask for a turn to speak by adding yourself to the speaker queue:
This places you in the speaker queue and the chair will call on you when it is your turn to speak.
Identifying Yourself in IRC
When you call in to the Zakim bridge, an identifier is assigned to you based on your phone number. If you have never called Zakim from that phone before it may be a strange identifier. If you have called the Zakim bridge before from that number it will often remember who you are. If you share a switchboard with others in your organization who participate in other groups, Zakim may assign you their name. Here we explain how to fix these issues, so your identifier in IRC and your phone code are the same.
To check whether your name is assigned properly to your phone code, you can ask Zakim in IRC:
who's on the phone?
If you cannot find your name, you will need to figure out which of the phone codes may correspond to you. Sometimes you can do that based on the area code if the phone code reflects that. You may be able to tell by looking at what phone signed in more recently. To reassign an identifier to your name, you can say:
Zakim, <identifier> is really me
If you are going to call often from a given phone number, you can register the number by filling this form.
Additional Information and Pointers
For more information:
- Introduction to IRC
- IRC clients
- Zakim IRC teleconferencing agent
- RRSAgent meeting recording agent
- Zakim teleconference bridge
Scribing for the Provenance XG Group
This section has instructions for how to scribe for the group. The information here should be sufficient, but you can always find more information at:
Setting up the IRC Channel Before the Meeting
You should set up 10 or 15 mins before the meeting, so people can join ahead of time and be identified before the meeting begins.
First, join IRC with this channel:
Next you would have to invite Zakim and RRSagent, but we have a trackbot set up for the group that will do this automatically, so all you have to do is say:
trackbot, start telcon
You will see the RRSA agent and trackbot getting things ready. Then type (this is probably not needed):
Zakim, this will be inc_provxg
Before the Meeting Begins
Agenda: <URI to mailing list archive entry with the agenda> chair: Yolanda Gil Scribe: <scribe name> ScribeNick: <scribe nickname> rrsagent, make logs public
During the Meeting
Your main role is to take notes and scribe important points discussed at the meeting, recording who made the point.
Attendance & Phone Participation
To find out who is participating in the meeting:
zakim, who is here? displays a list of who is on the phone and IRC
Sometimes people call from an unusual phone number or connection and then the phone codes listed do not correspond to the names of the participants in IRC. You can ask people if they are calling from the area code shown, or you may have to do a little detective work to find out who is on IRC and not identified on the phone. Once you determine who a phone code corresponds to you can say:
zakim, [Phone Code] is [Correct_Name]
To find out whose phone connection is noisy:
zakim, who is making noise?
Managing the Agenda and Topics
zakim, agenda? lists all agenda items (the agenda should have been loaded when the meeting was setup) agenda+ [text] adds a topic to the agenda zakim, next item moves to the next agenda item zakim, pickup agendum [number] moves to the selected agenda item zakim, close item [number] closes the previous item number and moves to the next open item topic: [text] puts a topic title and a divider in the minutes for a change of topic (usually topic is not the agenda)
Managing the Speaker Queue
q? Lists who is on the speaker queue ack [Name] To record that the chair has given the floor to someone in the queue q- [Name] To remove someone from the queue
Action items and Issues Management
The Trackbot agent always joins the IRC and is available to track action items. These are the commands to use:
ACTION: [user] to [text] - due [when] Records a new action item, where: IRC nick is the best format for [user]. [user] will also accept "unassigned" or "TBD" (omit quotes) if the action is unassigned. Most common date formats are accepted as [when] (eg, 2005-02-14). ACTION-[number]? will return the status on that action. close ACTION-[number] or ACTION-[number] closed ACTION-[number] due [when] will change the due date trackbot, comment action-[number] [text] or ACTION-[number] adds a comment to the action ISSUE: [text] creates a new issue (Issues are tracked separately from Actions are not assigned to indiviuals. An Issue can have Actions associated with it. ISSUE-[number]? returns the status information on an issue ISSUE-[number]: [text] annotates the issue RESOLVED: [text] is given prominence in the minutes
After the Meeting Adjourns
To draft the minutes and dismiss the bots all you have to say is:
rrsagent, set log public rrsagent, draft minutes trackbot, end telcon
The RRSAgent will list a pointer to the minutes and then it will be dismissed. Add the pointer to the minutes, agenda, and any action items to the wiki:
And that's it, you are done. Thank you for volunteering to be scribe!