See also: IRC log
<marka> same here, phone troubles
<TomB> Scribe: whalb
<TomB> Scribenick: whalb
<ww> all circuits busy on the uk dialin number :(
tomb: important thing is to make sure agenda is ok
<digikim> digikim calling
<digikim> (is zakim awake?)
proposal: accept minutes of last telco http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minutes.html
resolved: accept minutes of previous telco
tomb: two meetings, one friday
afternoon about application profiles
... main meeting on saturday and half of sunday
... for the meeting on friday preparation: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/JointMeeting2010
... content will change until tomorrow
marcia: will put a link to current model
tomb: meeting on saturday,
required reading is charter
... use cases:
... there is a list of background, topic list, how use cases relate to topics
... most people will present one use case, a few will have to present more
... people please add names to use cases in brackets
<marma> Got disconnected
tomb: we dont have to assign
namens right now to new use cases
... but we need at least one member per use case, each f2f attendant assigned to at least one use case
... use case assignment is to read use case description and prepare for discussion
... everybody should sign up for at least one use case (to lead discussion)
... maybe prepare some bullet points for driving discussion in the right direction
<Abartov> +q use case owners
<michaelp> I would be happy to lead discussion for Authority date enrichment
<pmurray> I picked up the NDNP use case on the F2F agenda.
tomb: will send out a reminder to list of use cases are still not covered tomorrow
<GordonD> All note: list of assigned rapporteurs has changed significantly since this agenda was prepared!
tomb: there is quite some background reading, it is not necesary to read everything in detail
<marcia> Will the case presented in this order as listed, or in 'related' groups?
tomb: we have to keep in mind that there are only 7 months left for the xg
<Abartov> (remember: some UC owners can't make it to the F2F, but would be very happy to answer questions before and even during the F2F, remotely)
<jodi> marcia: IMO, 'related' would be nice, if it's obvious what's related to what.
tomb: we should be able to define what we want to achieve in the remaining 7 months
<rsinger> well, i am
tomb: we should sort out what is achievable
<bvatant> yes we are
tomb: going through actions...
kcoyle: regarding action01 - we
have done what can be done before the meeting
... action will be continued
rayd: question regarding friday meeting: if someone not registered for dc meeting will she/he have to pay?
<GordonD> May depend on venue security?
tomb: theoretically should be registered, in practice dont know
marcia: can ask dc committee if
it is ok for unregistered participants
... how many minutes should be taken for each case, what order of presentation?
tomb: would be good idea to group
the use cases
... we dont need to sort that out today but we should start grouping and do it over the coming week
<GordonD> +1 Tom's suggestion
kcoyle: we need to look at topic list
<GordonD> Suggest a pragmatic approach and finalise groupings just before meeting
<markva> I understood it was necessary and registered...
tomb: regarding action03 i suggest that we carry that action forward as use cases keep coming in
<scribe> ACTION: emma, kcoyle, GordonD, Marcia, bvatant to structure the discussion of use cases in light of the topic list [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/23-lld-minutes.html#action01] [CONTINUES] [CONTINUES]
<scribe> ACTION: Use-case owner(s) to check table and matches [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minutes.html#action03] [CONTINUES]
<scribe> ACTION: Karen to add short names to the topics page [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minutes.html#action09] [CONTINUES]
<Abartov> "champions" :)
<GordonD> De facto word for uc presenters is Presenter
<jodi> in general, I prefer using the world-writable wiki
<scribe> ACTION: Participants to volunteer as use case 'shepherds' by signing their names in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh#Use_case_discussion_9:00-10:30_.2B_11:00-12:30 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minutes.html#action08] [CONTINUES]
<jodi> yes, let's make a template :)
<Abartov> Are you proposing to begin collecting ontologies and vocabularies for LLD?
<rsinger> no, datasets
<Abartov> rsinger: oh, I see. thanks.
tomb: nothing to discuss atm
tomb: reminder for meeting
<marma> We're having trouble with the phones at KB. Will follow IRC. Sorry.
tomb: hotel is in transition from
hilton to new management, link has been posted to list
... if anyone is concerned about reservation you can call the hotel to check
... hotel is trying to make transition as smooth as possible
<GordonD> All: looking forward to seeing most of you next week!
tomb: looking forward to meeting
participants at conference
... there will be no call next week
... irc will be used for friday afternoon meeting
... remote participants are welcome
... on saturday zakim and irc will also be used and remote participants are invited to join by voice or irc
tomb: on sunday no zakim will be
used because of the costs (no sponsor for wifi)
... notes will be taken
<jar_> I recommend someone bring an access point anyhow
<jar_> even if no Internet, you can use it for file transfer, local web servers etc
tomb: look forward to meeting at f2f and in 2 weeks at next call
<jar_> sorry I won't be there
<marcia> have a good trip, all
<AlexanderH> thx bye
<markva> sorry I wasnt on the phone, VU phone central not working...