W3C | TAG | Previous: 29 Mar teleconference | Next: 26 April

Minutes of 19 April 2004 TAG teleconference

Nearby: IRC | Teleconference details · issues list (handling new issueswww-tag archive

1. Administrative (30min)

  1. Roll call: NW (Chair), SW, MJ, CL, RF, IJ. Regrets: DC, PC. Missing: TBL
  2. The TAG postponed discussion of whether to accept the minutes of the 29 Mar teleconference

    Completed action IJ 2004/03/29: Remove a side comment per SW's suggestion in 22 March minutes.

  3. The TAG limited this agenda to administrative issues since several people were missing from the call.
  4. Next meeting: 26 April. SW to Chair.

1.1 May TAG ftf meeting in Boston

  1. See meeting page
  2. Completed action IJ 2004/03/29: Look for more advice from W3C Team on suggested hotels (Done)
  3. NW will Chair the meeting.


NW: I expect to work 2 days on last call and 1 day on other stuff (approximately) so that we are not only doing LC issues.

Action NW and IJ: Work on agenda for ftf meeting.

1.2 May AC meeting in New York

  1. Registration, Agenda

    The following people do not expect to attend the AC meeting: NW, SW, RF, MJ, CL

  2. Draft TAG report to AC, from SW.


NW, SW: Please add a ballpark figure about percentage that are non-editorial.
Action IJ: Confirm list of issues closed since Nov 2003 AC meeting, add ballpark figure regarding percentage of "substantive" LC comments.

Resolved: Send this report to the COO as amended.

1.3 RF Action item regarding RFC2396bis

I finished draft 05 of the URI spec. It completes my action item on "identifies". Some people may not agree with the definition.

[The TAG reviews the definition].

Resolved: This action is closed.

The TAG did not discuss issues below this line.

1.2 May AC meeting in New York

  1. Presentation (17 May, 16:30, for 45 minutes including discussion)
    1. Topics?
      1. Flavor of LC comments? Biggest issues?
    2. Presenters?

1.3 Revised TAG Charter (10-15 minutes MAXIMUM)

2. Technical (60min)

See also open actions by owner and open issues.

2.1 Top Level Domains used as filters (.xxx, .mobile, etc.)

  1. Action CL 2004/03/29: Send a draft to www-tag explaining why the .mobile proposal is misinformed. If the TAG supports the proposal, send to ICANN on the official mailing list.
  2. Action IJ 2004/03/29: Talk to DJW about sending a proposal to the TAG (focusing on social issues) that the TAG could review and possibly endorse. Progress; I chatted with DJW. We are working on a position statement.

2.2 Marking Operations Safe in WSDL

  1. See Email from David Orchard. Any updates regarding get7?

2.3 Web Architecture Document Last Call


  1. Last Call issues list (sorted by section)
  2. Annotated version of WebArch
  3. Archive of public-webarch-comments
  4. List of actions by TAG participant
  5. Additional actions
    1. Action IJ 2004/02/09: Incorporate editorial suggestions (see minutes of that meeting for details).

Actions 2004/03/15 (due 25 March?) to review sections:

3. Status report on these findings

See also TAG findings

4. Other action items

Ian Jacobs for Norm Walsh and TimBL
Last modified: $Date: 2004/04/19 22:15:26 $