W3C | TAG | Previous: 15-17 Nov ftf meeting | Next: 1 Dec TAG teleconf

Minutes of 24 November 2003 TAG teleconference

Nearby: Teleconference details issues list (handling new issues) www-tag archive

1. Administrative (15min)

  1. Roll call: TB, TBL, IJ, SW, CL, NW. Regrets: PC, DO, DC. Missing: RF.
  2. The TAG did not accept the minutes of the 15-17 Nov ftf meeting. TB and CL agreed to review them for next week.
  3. Accepted this agenda.
  4. Next meeting: 1 Dec 2003 teleconf. At risk: NW.
  5. (Not discussed) Video meeting in Feb 2003:
    1. Action SW/PC 2003/11/10: Explore possibility of TAG videolink TAG distributed meeting in February.
  6. (Not discussed) Tech Plenary
    1. Action SW 2003/11/15: Take to tech plenary committee the TAG's proposal.
  7. Upcoming meetings:
    1. 1 Dec teleconf
    2. 4 Dec teleconf, focus on Arch Doc. 8am PT for one hour.
    3. 8 Dec. Regrets: TBL, CL
  8. Negotiations with WGs for last call:
    1. SW/I18N done
    2. Schema/PC done
    3. SVG/CL done
    4. Todo: Voice/SW, HTML/IJ, XML Core/NW, WSDL/DO

2. Technical (75min)

The meeting was short.

2.1 Review of Architecture Document writing assignments

The TAG reviewed recent action items.

Reference document: 27 Oct 2003 WD of the Arch Doc

  1. Action IJ 2003/10/08: Starting from DO's diagram, create a diagram where the relationships and terms are linked back to the context where defined. Ensure that the relationships are in fact used in the narrative; any gaps identified? With DO, work on term relationship diagram.
  2. Action IJ 2003/11/15: Add a column to the TAG issues list about the version of the document in which we are expecting to address the issue.
  3. Action IJ 2003/11/15: Provide wording to replace text in 1.1.2 about relation between arch doc and findings (w.r.t. good practice notes).
  4. Action IJ 2003/11/15: Revise SVG story in discussion with TBL.
  5. Action IJ 2003/11/15: Incorporate TBL and DC text into 3.4.
  6. Action IJ 2003/11/15: Fix ref to 30 at end of section 4.2
  7. Action IJ 2003/11/15: Fix para after 1./2. bullets in 4.3 to make clear that language must prepare in advance (i.e., syntax) for this type of override.
  8. Action IJ 2003/11/15: Write caveat about integration formats like FO
  9. Action IJ 2003/11/15: Close issue 6 with TB proposed text. Inform reviewer.
  10. Action IJ 2003/11/15: In 4.6.4, amend story to talk about the choice of extensibility model and namespace policy how that helps them meet their desired goals (easy changes, less cost). Tie namespace change more strongly to extensibility model with a cross reference.
  11. Action IJ 2003/11/15: In section 4.6.6, add refs to infoset and PSVI.
  12. Action IJ 2003/11/15: Ensure that pointed to from issues list.
  13. Action IJ 2003/11/15: Add new issue regarding derived resources.
  14. Action IJ 2003/11/15: Add new issue ultimateQuestion-42.
  1. Completed action CL 2003/07/21: Discuss and propose improved wording of language regarding SVG spec in bulleted list in 2.5.1. (Done)
  2. Completed action CL 2003/11/15: Propose a sentence for 4.4 about delivery context. (Done)
  3. Action CL 2003/11/15: Write text to reviewer about the resolution of errorHandling-20.
  1. Completed action NW 2003/10/08: Revise QName finding. See draft finding from NW.
  2. Completed action NW 2003/11/15: Provide language on cost/benefit trade-off of extensibility. (See 15-17 Nov ftf meeting minutes)
  3. Completed action NW/IJ 2003/11/15: Rewrite 4.6.2. Revise first GPN per TB text. Second one ok. Take language from finding to give more context. (See 15-17 Nov ftf meeting minutes)
  1. Completed action TB: Rewrite paragraph on ambiguity in section 2.2. Done, but rejected. (See 15-17 Nov ftf meeting minutes)
  1. Action RF 2003/10/08: Explain "identifies" in RFC 2396.
  1. Action DO 2003/11/15: Propose some extra text for 3.3.2 (second paragraph) that hypertext agents often follow an IGNORE rule and this often results in compatible behavior.
  2. Action DO 2003/11/15: Point WSDL WG to resolution of issue 6.
  3. Action DO 2003/11/15: Propose some extra text for section 4.5 that hypertext agents often follow an IGNORE rule and this often results in incompatible behavior. Ignore applied to fragid interpretation.
  1. Action TBL/DO/IJ 2003/11/15: Produce new text for a small subsection 1.2.4 (or perhaps for 1.2.1).

    TBL: Done in this document after discussion with DO. Please include in new draft for review.

  2. Action TBL 2003/07/14: Suggest changes to section about extensibility related to "when to tunnel".

    TBL: Please move this one to a longer-term action list (e.g., associated with issue 41).

  1. Action DC 2003/07/21: Propose language for section 2.8.5 showing examples of freenet and other systems. Progress; see URISchemes/freenet
  2. Action DC 2003/11/15: Elaborate on value of orthogonality of specs in section 1.2.1 including example HTTP/HTML
  3. Action DC 2003/11/15: Write up some replacement text for text at beginning of 3.3.1.
  4. Action DC 2003/11/15: Follow up on KeepPOSTRecords with Janet Daly on how to raise awareness of this point (which is in CUAP).
  1. Action SW 2003/11/15: Verify that "agent" is used consistently in the document and makes sense as both people and software.
  2. Completed action SW 2003/11/15: Provide photo of extensibility/versioning whiteboard notes for the meeting record (Done)

The TAG does not expect to cover these issues

2.2 Review of 3023-related actions

  1. Action CL 2003/10/27: Draft XML mime type thingy with Murata-san

2.3 Findings

See also TAG findings home page.

2.3.1 Expected new findings

Ian Jacobs for Stuart Williams and TimBL
Last modified: $Date: 2003/11/25 13:18:48 $