ISSUE-11: Should SOAPJMS_requestURI be in the response message?
requestURI in response message?
Should SOAPJMS_requestURI be in the response message?
- SOAP-JMS Binding specification
- Raised by:
- Eric Johnson
- Opened on:
- Description: Is SOAPJMS_requestURI message property appropriate in a
This came up as an action item:
... however, it appears it was mistakenly associated in the minutes of
the meeting with Protocol-2035, instead of Protocol-2039. See also the
(Of course the *request* message should have the requestURI, the
question is whether or not the response should.)
It would seem that during that conference call, we thought it
appropriate to reconsider the requirement that the *response* have the
The text that we currently have for this property:
... indicates that it is required. To resolve action-93, we should
formally decide whether or not we still agree with this.
Options seem to be:
a) Do nothing.
b) Change the normative text for Protocol-2022 to indicate that the
absence of this property is not an error on a *response* message.
(b) from above - change the normative text from Protocol-2022 so that
requestURI is no longer *required* on the response, and remove it from
the table found in:
- Related Actions Items:
ACTION-93 on Eric Johnson to Propose the revised table to the list - due 2009-07-21, closed
- Related emails:
- Agenda for 2009-09-08 conference call (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2009-09-07)
- RE: Agenda for 2009-09-01 conference call (from Derek.Rokicki@softwareag.com on 2009-09-01)
- RE: Agenda for 2009-09-01 conference call (from email@example.com on 2009-09-01)
- Agenda for 2009-09-01 conference call (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2009-08-31)
- Action-93 resolved (from email@example.com on 2009-08-24)
- ISSUE-11 (requestURI in response message?): Should SOAPJMS_requestURI be in the response message? [SOAP-JMS Binding specification] (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2009-08-24)
Closed with no action as per conference call of 2009-09-08:
Display change log