Web Services Resource Access Working Group Teleconference

20 Oct 2009


See also: IRC log


Alessio Soldano, Red Hat
Ashok Malhotra, Oracle Corp.
Asir Vedamuthu, Microsoft Corp.
Bob Freund, Hitachi, Ltd.
David Snelling, Fujitsu, Ltd.
Doug Davis, IBM
Fred Maciel, Hitachi, Ltd.
Gilbert Pilz, Oracle Corp.
Li Li, Avaya Communications
Ram Jeyaraman, Microsoft Corp.
Sreedhara Narayanaswamy, CA
Tom Rutt, Fujitsu, Ltd.
Vikas Varma, Software AG
Bob Natale, MITRE Corp.
Jeff Mischkinsky, Oracle Corp.
Katy Warr, IBM
Mark Little, Red Hat
Martin Chapman, Oracle Corp.
Orit Levin, Microsoft Corp.
Paul Fremantle, WSO2
Paul Nolan, IBM
Prasad Yendluri, Software AG
Wu Chou, Avaya Communications
Yves Lafon, W3C/ERCIM
katy Warr
Yves Lafon
Bob Freund, Hitachi, Ltd.
Fred Maciel


<trackbot> Date: 20 October 2009

<Bob> scribe: Fred Maciel

<Bob> scribenick: fmaciel


added issues 7553 and 7207 to agenda

added issue 7982 to agenda

Agenda approved as amended

New Issues

<dug> 7 new issues

All seven new issues approved

Approval of minutes

RESOLUTION: minutes of Oct 13 approved


November F2F: FYI 7 registered observers

January F2F: No objection to dates (2010-01-26 through 2010-01-28).

Location is Sunnyvale, CA. See e-mail from Dave for more details.

Handling of external reviewer's comments

<gpilz> +1 to creating issues - only way to track the comments

Need to create issue, review resolution with reviewer and see if reviewer agrees.

<dug> +1 to them opening the issues - that way they're worded correctly

Issues with proposals

Issue 7068

<dug> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Oct/0018.html

<dug> When present, this OPTIONAL parameter .... (add OPTIONAL)

<dug> Add OPTIONAL to all specs/all optional policy parameters

RESOLUTION: Approved as amended with "OPTIONAL" text.

Issue 7811

RESOLUTION: proposal in issue approved.

Issue 7207

<dug> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=7207

<dug> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Oct/0049.html

RESOLUTION: proposal approved.

Issue 7553

<dug> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Oct/0045.html

Message 45 should be included in the bug as part of the proposal

RESOLUTION: approved with updated proposal including message 45

Issue 7982

<dug> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=7982

RESOLUTION: proposal accepted, resolved.

Issues 7828, 7588, 7586

<dug> Latest note on this: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Oct/0044.html

<dug> sort of - proposal is here: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Oct/0044.html the other link has some minor editorial tweaks.

<dug> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Oct/0041.html

<dug> 41 == proposal, 44 is editorial suggestions

Ram to review, postpone to next week

Issue 6435

<dug> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Sep/att-0032/Eventing-State-Tables-v3.doc

<Ram> Issue 7912 could be resolved today.

<asir> Didn't we eliminate some of the states at the Hursley F2F?

<dug> +1 to Subscriber/EventSink

<dug> zakim who is making noise?

<li> loud noise

<dug> I hear TONS of static

All willing to accept proposal except for

Ram who requests one more week

<dug> 7970 might be an easy one

issue 7912

<asoldano> perhpaps we can wait a week for this

<asir> the proposal sounds concrete enough

<DaveS> The identifier field was there already right?

<gpilz> yeah

<dug> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=7912

<DaveS> +1

<dug> 7970 might be easy

issue 7970

<dug> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=7970

<dug> proposal 1: A Web service that accepts requests to create subscriptions.

<Ram> I need more time to review this issue.

<dug> Proposal 2: A Web service that accepts requests to create subscriptions for a certain set of notification that might be generated.

<Bob> ACTION: Doug and Katy to produce a more concrete proposal for Issue-7912 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/20-ws-ra-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot> Created ACTION-118 - And Katy to produce a more concrete proposal for Issue-7912 [on Doug Davis - due 2009-10-27].

<Ram> This changes the notion that the event source generates the events.

<li> proposal 2 is better

<dug> for proposal 2: s/notification/notifications/

review and resolution posponed

issue 7968

RESOLUTION: proposal accepted.

<dug> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=7969

issue 7969

resolution postponed

issue 7986

<dug> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=7986

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Doug and Katy to produce a more concrete proposal for Issue-7912 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/20-ws-ra-minutes.html#action01]
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2009/11/01 22:56:55 $