Web Services Resource Access Working Group Teleconference

26 May 2009


See also: IRC log


Ashok Malhotra, Oracle Corp.
Asir Vedamuthu, Microsoft Corp.
Bob Freund, Hitachi, Ltd.
David Snelling, Fujitsu, Ltd.
Doug Davis, IBM
Fred Maciel, Hitachi, Ltd.
Geoff Bullen, Microsoft Corp.
Gilbert Pilz, Oracle Corp.
Katy Warr, IBM
Li Li, Avaya Communications
Mark Little, Red Hat
Paul Nolan, IBM
Ram Jeyaraman, Microsoft Corp.
Tom Rutt, Fujitsu, Ltd.
Vikas Varma, Software AG
Wu Chou, Avaya Communications
Yves Lafon, W3C/ERCIM
Bob Natale, MITRE Corp.
Jeff Mischkinsky, Oracle Corp.
Paul Fremantle, WSO2
Prasad Yendluri, Software AG
Ranga Reddy Makireddy, CA
Sreedhara Narayanaswamy, CA
Bob Freund, Hitachi, Ltd.
Paul Nolan


<trackbot> Date: 26 May 2009

<Bob> scribe: Paul Nolan

<Bob> scribenick: Paul


Approval of Agenda

Katy asks if we can touch on 6920

Added to agenda 6920

Reqquest to change date of Sept F2F

Agenda accepted as amended

Minutes 19th May

RESOLUTION: Minutes of 2009-05-19 approved w/o

<dug> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/43088/200906F2FReg/

call for attendees for June F2F

Change date for Sept F2F

request from Dave to move 2 weeks out

<Katy> 29th - 1st October proposed

<dug> LOL Bob is planning Ashok's vacation

Agreed to move date

<Bob> New f2f date is Sep 29-Oct 1

<Bob> Nov TPAC http://www.w3.org/2009/11/TPAC/overview.html

Not much gap between Sept meeting and the November one

Geoff: travel approval may be a problem


Geoff: withdraws new issue

All issues accepted

Bob: which snapshot shall we use for June F2F?
... By 17 June heartbeat publication needed

<dug> does the NS change?

Bob: Suggests we publish next version as public working draft

<asir> Yes the namespace name will change

<dug> is that something the editors will do or will yves?

<dug> thanks

May snapshot will become ythe next public working draft

<dug> geez

<Geoff> Microsoft will need to submit formal objection by first week of June to be weaved into status section of second public working draft


wu: meeting Thur. Shared proposal with team. Please have a look

<Katy> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009May/0170.html

Gil: issue. Formatting of wrapped and raw notifications. Suggest using a WSDL and Mex to describe formatting of notification

Bob: is more time needed before the group agrees?

Gil: yes

<dug> http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/ra/wiki/Proposals_for_6692#Proposal_B._remove_wse:Delivery_element_and_all_it.27s_sub-elements

Mode and T/RT consolidation

Dug: highlights suggestions in wiki for using Policy

Gil: suggestion b1 avoids the need for full Policy processing capabilities

Bob: can everyone submit pros and cons to these suggestions?
... can we have a coordinator? Ideally someone not too close to the topic

Consolidate T and RT

Bob: volunteer required to run with this topic

Geoff volunteerd

Doug volunteered to work with him

<dug> in/out of T ns, in/out of same doc, pros/cons of Dialect attribute

Bob: Please cover in/out of T NS, same doc or different ones

Results presented at F2F


<Katy> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=6924

Gil: This issue is for some way of indicating that there was a problem with a PUT but it is not a message formatting problem

Geoff: should this be application specific to avoid complexity

Gil: could be optional so need not be complex

<dug> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=6920


Katy: Enumeration schema showed up as invalid when checked

<Katy> In the schema, replace:

<Katy> <xs:attribute ref="xml:lang" />

<Katy> with

<Katy> <xs:attribute name="lang" type="xs:language" />

<Katy> and remove the namespace prefix "xml" from the enumeration message.

<Katy> So

<Katy> <wsen:Reason xml:lang="language identifier" >

<Katy> xs:string

<Katy> </wsen:Reason> ?

<Katy> becomes:

<Katy> <wsen:Reason lang="language identifier" >

<Katy> xs:string

<Katy> </wsen:Reason> ?

<asir> <xs:import namespace="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace" schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd">

asir: looks like schema was missing

<Katy> "language used in the contents and attribute values of any element in an XML

<Katy> document"

Katy: will try the suggestion

dug: why do we need the attribute?

xxx: SOAP 1.2 normally covers xml:lang but enumeration is for a broader audience


Geoff: extension elements and attributes must not use same NS as spec

<gpilz> doesn't namespace="##other"

Gil: Doesnt "##other" cover this?

Geoff: this suggestion is for completeness

RESOLUTION: Resolve Issue-6906 as proposed

Issue-6920, revisited

katy: suggestion does work

proposal is to update schema to import namespace

<dug> http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/ra/edcopies/wseventing.html#Schema

Eventing does not need updating

RESOLUTION: Resolve Issue-6920 with proposal #1

Dug: issue covers wording of MAY and MUST for handling faults

<gpilz> "generate" is completely unconstrained

<gpilz> "MAY generate" and "MUST generate" are semantically equivalent

Geoff: would like to check through all occurances

Bob: shall we delay for a week?



Dug: Geoff was going to explain resource representation

<asir> I thought that Katy wanted to discuss issue 6721 rather than 6712

Dug: compare Create with Get - do they return the same thing?

<Bob> Katy said that Paul can cover it in her absence

<asir> okay

Geoff: Can we make assumptions clearer in the spec

Dug: Create and Put have some symetry. The simple case is clear however what happens with an instruction

Geoff: instructions and simple elements can looks the same however they do not need to

<dug> asir: I like consistency

<asir> not true

Geoff: service will provide the means to distinguish between the two

<Katy> Bye, have a nice summer, speak to you in Sept (when all the issues are closed :o) )

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2009/06/03 06:39:17 $