See also: IRC log
minutes from 19th September approved
pauld: WG welcomes Vladislav who made an excellent contribution early on raising ISSUE-1 (as an observer) and now joins the WG
<vlad> thanks, Paul
pauld: we need to think if we need another F2F meeting, and Yves is going to progress thinking around an interop event.
pauld: as we run out of Issues for the Basic patterns document, I expect to start building agendas around tracking actions, so watch out :-)
pauld: did a bunch of editing last night, please review the Introduction and Status sections of the Basic patterns document
pauld: ACTION-74 and ACTION-73 are done, I generated an XRef HTML page, just need to commit it
george: been working on ensuring we have patterns for issues and examples for patterns. ACTION-77 is ongoing.
george: we've a lot of patterns and examples identified using ISSUE-30
<pauld:> been editing patterns.xml and examples.xml, we can do a merge when we meet next week
<scribe> ACTION: pdowney to possibly raise issue to hold datatypes [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/10-databinding-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-81 - Possibly raise issue to hold datatypes [on Paul Downey - due 2006-10-17].
pauld: we've a bunch of patterns in our spec without examples, especially our attribute patterns
pauld: will create a test suite page tomorrow with the log file format documented:
no news here ..
priscilla: anyType is actually the default type
<scribe> ACTION: pwalmsle to investigate use of anySimpleType [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/10-databinding-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-82 - Investigate use of anySimpleType [on Priscilla Walmsley - due 2006-10-17].
priscilla: still unclear on it's utility
pauld: unclear exactly which schemas use it
priscilla: maybe you want the schema for schemas to validate extensions?
pauld: discounting the import makes us composable with the WS-I Basic Profile but may rule out some vertical standard schemas.
pauld: let's wait and see if the WS-I BP has anything to say
yves: ok to cite non-normatively
pauld: how do we cite it in such as a way so they can use us rather than can use them
vladislav: I know the WS-I constrain xsd:import, what other features are an issue?
pauld: document encoding must be UTF-8/UTF-16
george: we had an issue with multiple schemas for the same namespace
<Yves> "If you plan to use this specification in the context of BP1.0 the following extra restrictions apply: (and here a list of the restriction imposed by BP).
<Yves> that in a specific non-normative paragraph
RESOLUTION: close ISSUE-71 with Yves proposed non-normative section
<scribe> ACTION: gcowe to look at standalone schemas for ISSUE-57 etc [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/10/10-databinding-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-83 - Look at standalone schemas for ISSUE-57 etc [on George Cowe - due 2006-10-17].
pauld one of a number of Basic patterns we have for representing "no hands clapping"
vladislav can look at these with our implementation
yves: we may be able to go to Rec with XPath in CR. A lot depends upon the number of implementations available
pauld: alternatively we could write a profile of XPath 2.0 in our notational conventions
yves: we could stte we use it as a notational convention, but you don't actually need XPath 2.0 to conform to our spec
priscilla: XPath 2.0 is a subset of XQuery, so lots of tools potentially
RESOLUTION: close ISSUE-72 with Yves proposal to clarify our relationship with XPath 2.0