W3C | TAG | www-tag archive | issues list

TAG face-to-face agenda and meeting information

24-25 August 2002, Vancouver (CA)

Agenda | Meeting information

Thanks to Tim Bray and Antarctica for hosting the meeting!


Meeting preparation

Action items


  1. Architecture document
    1. TBL 2002/07/15: Create a table of URI properties. Done
  2. Findings
    1. Internet Media Type registration, consistency of use.
  3. xlinkScope-23
    1. CL 2002/08/30: Request that the HTML WG to publish their recent work related to linking (through HTML CG, WG, or whatever works). Done; see 13 Sep 2002 draft of HLink
  4. deepLinking-25
    1. DC 2002/09/09: Get Joseph Reagle to read "Deep linking" by Tim Bray. (Done, TAG only)
  5. URIEquivalence-15.
    1. DC 2002/08/30: Redraft section 2.2.1 of Arch Document to address this issue. Done


  1. Findings
    1. SW 2002/09/09: Discuss with IJ versioning of findings. Pending. Discussion of latest accepted v. latest draft.
  2. uriMediaType-9:
  3. URIEquivalence-15. Relation to Character Model of the Web (chapter 4)? See text from TimBL on URI canonicalization and email from Martin in particular. See more comments from Martin.
    1. CL 2002/08/30: Ask Martin Duerst for suggestions for good practice regarding URI canonicalization issues, such as %7E v. &7e and suggested use of lower case. At 16 Sep meeting, CL reports pending; action to send URI to message to TAG.
  4. deepLinking-25
    1. TB 2002/09/09: Revise "Deep Linking" in light of 9 Sep minutes
  5. Status of discussions with WSA WG about SOAP/WSDL/GET/Query strings?
  6. Use of frags in SVG v. in XML

Monday, 23 Aug [Informal]

Tim Bray has arranged for those who arrive Monday to have space at Antarctica: 1198 Homer Street. There will be net access and a projector. Those available Monday may chat about the Architecture Document and may bring some suggestions to Wednesday's discussion.

Tuesday, 24 Aug

09:00 - 10:30

Taking stock. How is group functioning? Plans for 3/6/12 months?
XML 2002
TAG presentation at AC meeting in November: who? top three issues?

10:30 - 11:00 Break
11:00 - 12:30
httpRange-14, namespaceDocument-8
12:30 - 14:00 Lunch
14:00 - 15:30 Spillover from previous session, xlinkScope-23, contentPresentation-26
  1. xlinkScope-23
    1. CL 2002/08/30: Request that the HTML WG to publish their recent work related to linking (through HTML CG, WG, or whatever works). Done; see 13 Sep 2002 draft of HLink
15:30 - 16:00 Break
16:00 - 17:30 rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6

Dinner at the Salmon House at 18:30.

Wednesday, 25 Aug

09:00 - 10:30
Architecture Document
  1. Report from Monday meeting.
  2. How is arch doc going (see comments from RF)?
  3. What should a principle look like?
  4. Architecture document
    1. DC 2002/08/12: Ask www-tag for volunteers to work with TAG (and possibly IETF) on HTTP URI stuff; CRISP. [This action supersedes the previous action: Ask IESG when IETF decided not to use HTTP URIs to name protocols.] Sent. Awaiting reply.
    2. DC 2002/09/09: Write up alternative view of URI properties table (in terms of characteristics first).
    3. Completed DC 2002/09/09: Summarize comments on arch document as input to f2f (Done)
10:30 - 11:00 Break
11:00 - 12:30
Architecture Document
12:30 - 14:00 Lunch
14:00 - 15:30 Findings in development
  1. Deep linking by Tim Bray.
15:30 - 16:00 Break
16:00 - 17:30 Issues or Arch doc

Meeting information


We will meet in a room provided by Schema Software, at 1190 Homer Street (at Davie Street). This is within walking distance of the Rosedale Hotel (approx four blocks).


Most people seem to be staying at the Rosedale Hotel: 838 Hamilton St. at Robson. +1 (604) 689-8033



Information on getting from the airport to the Rosedale Hotel is available on the Web.

Ian Jacobs. Last modified: $Date: 2002/09/25 17:36:34 $