ACTION-472: Update the mime-draft based on comments & review

Update the mime-draft based on comments & review

State:
closed
Person:
Larry Masinter
Due on:
July 30, 2011
Created on:
September 30, 2010
Associated Issue:
mimeAndWeb-66
Related emails:
  1. Minutes from Sept 27, 2012 Telcon (from ashok.malhotra@oracle.com on 2012-09-28)
  2. Agenda for TAG F2F 4-6 January 2012 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-12-30)
  3. Agenda for TAG F2F meeting: 13-15 September 2011 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-09-05)
  4. Very preliminary agenda and required reading for 13-15 Sept. 2011 TAG F2F now available (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-08-30)
  5. Re: Minutes for August 11 Telcon (from ashok.malhotra@oracle.com on 2011-08-13)
  6. Re: Minutes for August 11 Telcon (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-08-13)
  7. Re: Minutes for August 11 Telcon (from ashok.malhotra@oracle.com on 2011-08-13)
  8. Minutes for August 11 Telcon (from ashok.malhotra@oracle.com on 2011-08-13)
  9. Draft TAG minutes for telcon of 2011-03-24 are available (from peter.linss@hp.com on 2011-03-29)
  10. Draft minutes for telcon of 2011-01-27 available (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-02-15)
  11. RE: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft (from masinter@adobe.com on 2011-02-01)
  12. Re: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft (from eric@bisonsystems.net on 2011-02-01)
  13. Re: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft (from karld@opera.com on 2011-02-01)
  14. RE: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft (from masinter@adobe.com on 2011-02-01)
  15. RE: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft (from ylafon@w3.org on 2011-02-01)
  16. RE: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft (from masinter@adobe.com on 2011-02-01)
  17. Re: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft (from ylafon@w3.org on 2011-02-01)
  18. Re: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft (from zazi@elbklang.net on 2011-02-01)
  19. Re: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft (from zazi@elbklang.net on 2011-02-01)
  20. Re: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft (from eric@bisonsystems.net on 2011-01-31)
  21. RE: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft (from masinter@adobe.com on 2011-01-31)
  22. Re: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft (from eric@bisonsystems.net on 2011-01-31)
  23. Re: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft (from nathan@webr3.org on 2011-01-31)
  24. RE: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft (from masinter@adobe.com on 2011-01-31)
  25. RE: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft (from masinter@adobe.com on 2011-01-31)
  26. Re: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft (from eric@bisonsystems.net on 2011-01-31)
  27. Re: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft (from nathan@webr3.org on 2011-01-31)
  28. Re: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft (from eric@bisonsystems.net on 2011-01-31)
  29. Re: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft (from eric@bisonsystems.net on 2011-01-31)
  30. Re: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft (from eric@bisonsystems.net on 2011-01-31)
  31. RE: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft (from ylafon@w3.org on 2011-01-31)
  32. Re: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft (from zazi@elbklang.net on 2011-01-31)
  33. Re: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft (from nathan@webr3.org on 2011-01-31)
  34. Re: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft (from eric@bisonsystems.net on 2011-01-30)
  35. Re: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft (from ashok.malhotra@oracle.com on 2011-01-28)
  36. Re: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2011-01-28)
  37. Re: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft (from nathan@webr3.org on 2011-01-28)
  38. RE: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft (from masinter@adobe.com on 2011-01-28)
  39. RE: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft (from ylafon@w3.org on 2011-01-27)
  40. Agenda for TAG teleconference of 27 January 2011 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-01-25)
  41. RE: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft (from masinter@adobe.com on 2011-01-19)
  42. Re: ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-01-19)
  43. ACTION-472: New Mime-web-info draft (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2011-01-19)
  44. Minutes of the TAG F2F of 19-21 October 2010 are now ready for review (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2010-10-30)
  45. Telcon minutes 2010-10-07 (from jar@creativecommons.org on 2010-10-13)
  46. Update on TAG F2F Agenda Planning (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2010-10-11)
  47. Re: Agenda for the TAG teleconference of 7 October 2010 (from ashok.malhotra@oracle.com on 2010-10-06)
  48. Telcon minutes: 2010-09-30 (from ylafon@w3.org on 2010-10-05)
  49. Agenda for the TAG teleconference of 7 October 2010 (from nrm@arcanedomain.com on 2010-10-05)

Related notes:

Updated draft posted at:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-masinter-mime-web-info

for changes, see:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-masinter-mime-web-info-01.txt

Larry Masinter, 26 Oct 2010, 05:58:46

(change to "pending review", although need to address concerns raised at TAG F2F)

Larry Masinter, 26 Oct 2010, 05:59:27

This document reads on ISSUE-24, since the use of MIME types and overriding them are fundamental.

Larry Masinter, 27 Oct 2010, 06:19:10

should add discussion from http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2010Oct/0031.html
for next revision.

Larry Masinter, 31 Oct 2010, 17:51:38

See TAG F2F notes for additional topics for update:
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2010/10/19-minutes#item05

Larry Masinter, 31 Oct 2010, 17:54:49

issue-66 was opened for this item, even though it is also related to issue-24

Larry Masinter, 1 Nov 2010, 11:27:12

new version at same URL

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-masinter-mime-web-info

Larry Masinter, 13 Jan 2011, 08:59:07

Reopening so Larry can gather final comments and edits in preparation for askking TAG approval to move ahead.

Noah Mendelsohn, 27 Jan 2011, 19:00:53

There've been quite a number of discussions about this document, but as the conversations evolve with IANA, IETF, application area directors, and a possible meeting at the March IETF meeting, I'm going to put off the due date on a new version until after the IETF meeting.

Larry Masinter, 6 Mar 2011, 05:28:29

postpone, plans are now to move administrative things from actual content of the MIME registries.

Larry Masinter, 14 Apr 2011, 18:22:15

will work on this at IETF meeting

Larry Masinter, 21 Jul 2011, 05:30:26

Display change log.


Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>, Peter Linss <w3c@linss.com>, Daniel Appelquist <appelquist@gmail.com>, Chairs, Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>, Staff Contact
Tracker: documentation, (configuration for this group), originally developed by Dean Jackson, is developed and maintained by the Systems Team <w3t-sys@w3.org>.
$Id: index.php,v 1.325 2014-09-10 21:42:02 ted Exp $