Tag Teleconference of January 31, 2005 (3 PM EST)

31 Jan 2005

See also: IRC log


TimBL, Henry, Noah, Norm, Roy, DanC, Vincent, Ed
Paul_Cotton, Chris_Lilley, Stuart_Williams
Noah Mendelsohn (until Roy on irc), Roy Fielding


<noah> scribe: Noah Mendelsohn (until Roy on irc)

<noah> scribenick: noah


Here: Norm Walsh, TimBL, Roy Fielding, Dan Connolly, Noah Mendelsohn

<scribe> New members joining us on the phone: Henry Thompson, Vincent Quint, Ed Rice

Welcome of New Members

TBL: I have mostly left day-to-day chair duties to Stuart
... Reviews some history of group, issues, etc.

Henry reports Ed Rice is attending by phone.

TBL: Arch doc was just published and we have many new members. This is probably a good time to take stock of where we are, review issues we intentionally left alone before, etc.

<Norm> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2005Jan/0057.html

Norm: Stuart sent agenda change requests at: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2005Jan/0057.html
... Didn't have time to integrate into formally republished agenda, but we'll do it on the fly as we go.

Introduction of existing TAG members

<scribe> scribe: Roy Fielding

<scribe> scribenick: Roy

Minutes from 24 Jan

<DanC> 2nd, as amended

<DanC> http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2005/01/24-tag-summary.html

RESOLUTION: Accept minutes from Jan 24, as amended

F2F Feb 28

Norm: Does anyone have suggestions on what should be on agenda?

<DanC> (half day monday, I think, Norm)

Noah: look at the state of play for our work going forward, think about new findings and bat them around, see what new members think for future work

... perhaps half an hour

Ed: Recap of what has been done, set expectations

Vincent: agrees

RF: how do we get around to maintaining the TAG pages on a regular basis

Vincent: would like to work/think on that as part of co-chair role

Norm: [smells a volunteer]

TBL: TAG is an example where tools that the W3C team supports have been usefully applied to assist our work, and in the long term we hope to improve the tools available

[endPointRefs-47, perhaps]

<DanC> (I read something that suggested the WS-Addressing WG had decided to keep everything in the URI, which is exactly what I wanted, so I'm not sure we need any time at all.)

<scribe> ACTION: Noah to to talk to Mark Nottingham about what and how long discussion to take at F2F re WS-Addressing

Tech Plenary

Norm: do we have any suggestion for a moderator for panel session?

DanC: does anyone have a 10-20 word summary of topic?

<Norm> http://www.w3.org/2005/03/02-TechPlenAgenda.html

RF: agenda lists Paul Downey as moderator

Norm: sounds fine to me
... any suggestion on how to improve panel focus

Noah: do we have an owner?

Norm: Stuart has been setting it up, but nobody has been assigned ownership

Noah: how about the owner of the TP agenda, do we know who that is?

DanC: I think Paul Downey is on the program committee

<Norm> http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2005/01/TechnicalPlenaryLiaisons.html

Norm: I will work with Stuart for Feb 28 morning schedule/agenda
... I am at risk for early morning (traffic)
... Liaisons are missing people identified as attending the liaison meetings

TimBL, Henry, Ed, Vincent, Noah, and Norm will attend 3 March 12:30 meeting with Voice Browser WG

<noah> Norm: Tech plenary meeting with schema seems to have fallen through, but Feb. 14 joint telcon is still on.

Technical Items

DanC: don't recall us being resolved on the QA response ... oh, looks like we are

New Issues?

DanC: does anyone have the ball to input info on most recent issue?


Noah: at best we need to track what the WS-Aggressing group is doing
... it is an issue of how the parameters get into the URI

TBL: also, whether URI is being used as an identifier or just another payload carrier

<Zakim> DanC, you wanted to ask about http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/wd-issues/#i001

Noah: concern about exposing aspects of the implementation within the URI
... that is one of the things they are discussing

HT: I thought the arguments were finely balanced, not obvious which is the straightforward path for doing dispatch, i.e. URI versus properties

DanC: there doesn't seem to be a summary item for what problem is being solved by WSA

TBL: perhaps object-oriented architecture?

Noah: also information hiding issues

[more discussion about what people might be thinking about in regards to WSA]

Norm: hopefully our discussion with WSA at F2F will help clarify the issue

<DanC> (re ws-addressing usecase/requirements, or lack thereof, I looked at the charter, and it says "standardize the ws-addressing spec")

<Henry> DanC, you at least can read the Arch Dom f2f minutes at http://www.w3.org/2004/12/arch-f2f-minutes.html, search for "EPRs and URIs"

Thanks to departing TAG members

Norm: Let the minutes record our official thanks for Paul, Stuart, and Chris for their excellent work on the TAG

ALL: universal agreement

Future Meetings

Norm: when we last talked about F2F, Chris volunteered to host, need to consider new venue or date?
... also, weekly TAG call, should we change the time?
... Plan time at Tech Plenary to try to figure out a better time for everyone for weekly telecon

<DanC> (playing teleconference tiddlywinks in our ftf telcon seems like poor use of time. I wonder if I should set up the WBS form... hmm... not trivial.)

<Zakim> DanC, you wanted to note IETF/W3C telcon got moved to this week, either Tue or Thu, probably Thu

DanC: contact me if you have anything to pass along to the IETF during meeting

<Henry> DanC, Re IETF call -- I've tried to send mail clarifying that it was 3023 I'm concerned about, not 3028, but it's been held by the moderator . . .

<DanC> yeah, henry. don't worry about it any more.

<Henry> thanks

Noah: maybe we should revisit what parts of E+V belong with TAG and what belongs elsewhere

Norm: Feb 7 telcon -- Vincent will chair that meeting

Ed: volunteers to scribe for Feb 7


Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Noah to to talk to Mark Nottingham about what and how
... long discussion to take at F2F re WS-Addressing
[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.109 (CVS log)
$Date: 2005/02/01 08:04:41 $