XML Protocol Activity: foundation of Web services
- Created in September 2000.
- Result of growing interest in the use of XML in distributed
- XML Protocol (XMLP) Working Group chartered to design:
- an envelope encapsulating XML data.
- a convention of RPC (Remote Procedure Call) applications.
- a data serialization mechanism for non-syntactic data models.
- a mechanism to use HTTP as a transport mechanism.
- Technical solutions proposed by the SOAP/1.1
- Current Working Drafts: requirements
document; abstract model;