AW: FYI: Software Update for Web Folders

<<Note that the change you see in Vista may be caused by the fact that
there was no Webfolder client at all, before you installed it...>>

maybe, it was a normal installation (Vista Ultimate, Vista Business). But
it's not easy to understand for "normal users"... the error messages of
Vista don't give an hint about what's really wrong... I still think Vista
was released before being finished...

I have done some further tests: it only worked with the english version of
the software update. Installation of the german version of the update did
not improve (correct) the behavior... After installation of the update,
webdav access was also possible from Office 2007 (Word). But Word only
opened the documents readonly - did not try to lock as far as I have seen,
what it does when testing with Windows XP. So there are still some open
issues, so I am already waiting for the next patch of MS.
I will also do some further tests (Office 2003,...).

Btw: does anyone know a good documentation of the HTTP communication between
Office and Sharepoint (which is not webdav)? Office offers functions like
check-out, check-in,... based on HTTP GET and POST (as far as I have seen).

Cheers,
Konstantin