RE: Issue: SOURCE_PROPERTY_UNDERSPECIFIED

Reducing the scope of the purpose of the source property is good in
theory. However, this does not resolve the issue, because it only
discusses *theoretical* interoperability. To proceed to Draft Standard,
we need *actual interoperability*.

Are there two servers and two clients out there who have implemented the
source property already?  If so, we need to test them at the interop in
September or online.

Are there two servers and two clients who would implement and use the
source property in a form close to its current definition, but have not
done so yet? If so, what's blocking you from actually implementing it?
Is it that it is missing roles, or is something else required?

We can't have our cake and eat it too. We have to do the work of
implementing and testing interoperability if we want to keep source and
move to Draft Standard.

Lisa