Re: Issue: PROP_ATTR

On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 03:28:46PM -0400, Jason Crawford wrote:

> <<
> <D:prop>
>   <theprop attr1="foo"/>
>   <theprop attr1="bar"/>
>   <theprop attr2="fee"/>
> </D:prop>
> >>
> I agree that this is not acceptable unless attr1 and attr2 are namespace
> attributes that alter the effective tag name of the property name tags.
>
> This does lead me to another question though.  If in the PROPPATCH call
> there are xmlns attributes on the propertyupdate, set, or prop tags that
> could potentially affect the tags within the property value, is the server
> responsible for collecting those and representing those in PROPPATCH
> that it cares about on the propertyname tag and within?

No way... we should not be demanding that an xmlns attribute lives in a
specific area. That seems to run completely counter to the notion of
namespaces and their scoping.

At a specific point in the XML body, an xmlns set and an xml:lang are "in
scope", and the server better be storing those.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/