Re: WebDAV DTD

Jim Whitehead wrote:

> One rule in the DTD states:
>     <!ELEMENT propstat (prop, status, responsedescription?) >
>
> I suggest that this is modified to read
>     <!ELEMENT propstat (status, responsedescription?, prop) >
>
> so that streaming clients can retrieve the status of a property before they
> retireve the property itself

Hmm.  Is there anybody out there whose code this would break? I know my client
code wouldn't mind; it passes the entire entity to an XML parser and then,
given a propstat element, asks the parser "OK, give me the first status element
and the first prop element".

--
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.|