Anno A11y 1
From Digital Publishing Interest Group
Making sure the annotations can be found
- Use case
- Users need to easily become aware of and find highlights or annotations, particularly when using a screen reader, a small screen, or seeking sparse annotations in a lengthy work.
- * Notification of the number of highlights of different types
- * A way to navigate to each highlight and to choose which category of (color/style) highlight to navigate between.
- * Navigation is available through the user agent (browser or eBook reader) and works with assistive technology.
- * Making sure the annotations can be categorized
- * User interface detail is available here: Highlighting Text: Accessibility & Find-ability in Long Works
- Relevant W3C group(s)/specification(s)
- Primary: Open Annotation
- Additional: WCAG 2.0 http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/
- Submitted by
- Suzanne Taylor