This specification defines the meaning of a set of linking, or hypermedia, attributes which can be applied by XML media type authors to define semantics of elements in the media type definition, by virtue of the semantics of the attributes. In this regard, this specification follows the same pattern established most prominently by HTML.
The attributes are:
- href - a URI, per RFC 3986. The target of the URI is an outbound link.
- src - a URI, per RFC 3986. The target of the URI should be considered to replace the element to which this attribute belongs.
- tref - a templated URI reference, per RFC 6570, which when processed will result in a URI (RFC 3986).
- type - a media type, per RFC 2046. The media type value indicates the most preferred media type to be negotiated over the href, tref or src link.
- rel - a single link relation value, per RFC 5988. The rel value indicates the relationship of of the linked-to resource to the current resource representation.
- hreflang - a language code, per BCP 47. The language code identifies the desired language of the representation to be negotiated over the href, tref or src link.
- method - the HTTP method name, per RFC 2616. The name of the method that the client should use to access the associated href, tref or src link.