From ODRL Initiative
In its current form, it is not related to other relevant vocabularies, hindering its use and understanding by the Linked Data community. A proposal should be made to include mappings to elements of other vocabularies.
Vocabularies to be mapped to
- Web Access Control. For example, http://www.w3.org/ns/auth/acl#Access might be said to be related to http://www.w3.org/ns/odrl/2/play
- The Creative Commons Rights Expression Language (CCREL). Note that there is an ODRL Profile published in these pages, but mappings have not been declared explicitly
- DublinCore : For example a http://www.w3.org/ns/odrl/2/Policy might be said to be related to http://purl.org/dc/terms/LicenseDocument etc.
- Some common vocabularies: Agent from FOAF and vCard, fileFormat from the Ontology for Media Resource, etc.
- MPEG Ontologies Media Contract Ontology, Media Value Chain Ontology, etc. include rich vocabularies on actions related to the Audiovisual world. While not yet formally published, a nice precedent of the terms can be seen in Annex A of this document
- Copyright Ontology
- DAML We had some interaction with DAML developers who are interested in developing the DAML <-> ODRL mapping