The group uses the communication tools that have been successfully employed in other W3C communities.
Internet Relay Chat
We use the W3C IRC service to scribe meeting, exchange pointers/URLs and generate minutes with issue and action tracking annotations:
- go to: http://irc.w3.org/
- enter a nickname to go by in the channel
- enter channel code #ld4lt
The following goto meeting details are used for LD4LT group calls. If using Goto meeting for the first time, try launching it from the URL below a bit beforehand as it will install a client on your machine
- Please join my meeting: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/360074461
- Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.
- Ireland: +353 (0) 19 030 053
- Australia: +61 2 9091 7606
- Austria: +43 (0) 7 2088 1036
- Belgium: +32 (0) 28 08 4345
- Canada: +1 (647) 497-9372
- Denmark: +45 (0) 69 91 89 24
- Finland: +358 (0) 942 41 5788
- France: +33 (0) 170 950 586
- Germany: +49 (0) 811 8899 6928
- Italy: +39 0 693 38 75 53
- Netherlands: +31 (0) 208 080 212
- New Zealand: +64 (0) 4 974 7243
- Norway: +47 21 04 29 76
- Spain: +34 931 81 6713
- Sweden: +46 (0) 852 500 182
- Switzerland: +41 (0) 225 3311 20
- United Kingdom: +44 (0) 20 3657 6777
- United States: +1 (213) 493-0618
- Access Code: 360-074-461
- Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting
- Meeting ID: 360-074-461
Detailed IRC Guide
Various bots follow the IRC:
- RRSAgent for taking minutes
- Zakim for working with the telephone bridge
- tracker for tracking action items and relating these to issues and persons
Below is a short summary of what you need. More info is available at https://www.w3.org/Guide/
- Go to http://irc.w3.org/
- Enter your user name and a channel, e.g. #ld4lt
Starting a call
See http://dev.w3.org/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm#Quick_Start_Guide . This will be handled by the chairs. Short summary what needs to be typed, including comments in brackets ()
/invite rrsagent #ld4lt meeting: ld4lt call chair: (add name of the chair) agenda: (add link to agenda) present: (write attendees, separated by comma. if somebody joins later, type present+ name rrsagent, make log public (this is needed so that the minutes are public)
Basic commands for scribing
The below are not meant to replace any W3C documentation on Scribe!
At the start of the call:
Call the bots: trackbot-ng, start telcon
Set the meeting title: Meeting: LD4LT Phone call Day, Month, Year, Hour. TimeZone.
Set the scribe: scribe: <name> (You will not get confirmation of this command)
Set the chair: chair: <name> (You will not get confirmation of this command)
Set the agenda: agenda: <link to the agenda> (This should link to agenda on LD4LT wiki page )
List the present participants: zakim, who's here ? (Automatically list who is present during roll call)
List any regrets manually: Regrets: Alice, Bob (Chair should identify regrets during roll call)
During the call:
Set the topic: TOPIC: review of action items (Chair should identify when topic changes)
Record the discussion - One comment: Mary: agrees with Bob on action 1.
Continuing comments: Mary: agrees with Bob on action 2
... but thinks that action 3 needs more work
... and action 4 is by no means compltes.
Fix spelling mistakes: s/compltes/complete/ (It can be helpful for other members (not scribing) to do this).
Record Actions: ACTION: <name> to <do something> (Date is set to one week ahead, LD4LT co-chairs will adjust date accordingly).
After the call:
Dismiss zakim: zakim, bye
Generate minutes: rrsagent, generate minutes (will generate a http://... link for the minutes, copy this link for final task).
Make minutes public: rrsagent, make logs public
Dismiss rssagent: rrsagent, bye