A module is a set of functions, which cannot be implemented in plain XQuery or XSLT, but needs to be implemented as an extension.
A module is defined in a specification, maintained by an editor, by following a community-driven approach. Modules are implemented directly in different processors, or by third-party implementation. See the page Modules for a list of existing modules, and their implementation for various processors.
CXAN is a global repository, gathering all existing open source XML libraries and applications. It is not strictly part of EXPath, but it builds on top of the packaging system.
- http://cxan.org/ is the main website
- http://dev.cxan.org/ is the test website (for package maintainers)
EXPath is aimed at creating extensions to XPath, and related technologies. Here is a collection of links to XPath and related recommendations:
- XPath 1.0
- XPath 2.0
- XPath 3.0
- XPath 3.1
- XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Functions and Operators 1.0
- XPath and XQuery Functions and Operators 3.0
- XPath and XQuery Functions and Operators 3.1
- XQuery and XPath Full Text 1.0