Adoption of DPVCG
Adoption of DPVCG
This page provides information about current adoptions, uses, and implementations of the work done by DPVCG, including DPV and DPV-GDPR. For submissions, see template at the end of this page.
Suggested categories for classifying:
- Works that utilise DPV towards an application or goal
- Works that extend DPV
- Works that evaluate DPV e.g. for suitability, extent, feasibility of specified criteria
- Works that compare DPV with other approaches
- Works that mention DPV
Suggested categories for sources:
- Academic or peer-reviewed articles
- Blog posts, reports, and other informal articles
- Social media communications or mentions of interest
Use of DPV
The authors state that DPV is going to be used "to describe the context using explicit semantics" in an open-source tool for high-level GDPR compliance evaluation which is based on a self-assessment checklist created by a data protection regulator.
- Calvaresi, D., Schumacher, M., & Calbimonte, J. P. (2020, October). Personal Data Privacy Semantics in Multi-Agent Systems Interactions. In International Conference on Practical Applications of Agents and Multi-Agent Systems (pp. 55-67). Springer, Cham.
The authors use DPV to represent personal data handling policies and information about consent.
- Valentina Leone, Luigi Di Caro: The Role of Vocabulary Mediation to Discover and Represent Relevant Information in Privacy Policies. JURIX 2020: 73-82
The authors proposed a method to automatically discover the relevant information in privacy policies by means of integrating the knowledge represented in the DPV with the information modelled in BabelNet.
The authors proposed a conceptual model for the fine-grained representation of privacy policies by means of mapping concepts to DPV.
- K. García, Z. Zihlmann, S. Mayer, A. Tamò-Larrieux and J. Hooss, "Towards Privacy-Friendly Smart Products," 2021 18th International Conference on Privacy, Security and Trust (PST), 2021, pp. 1-7
The authors use DPV to record processing activities and data collected by a toy robot.
Use of DPV in Industry/Commercial settings
Extensions to DPV
- Paul Ryan, Harshvardhan J. Pandit, Rob Brennan: A Common Semantic Model of the GDPR Register of Processing Activities. JURIX 2020: 251-254
- Debruyne, C., Pandit, H.J., Lewis, D. et al. “Just-in-time” generation of datasets by considering structured representations of given consent for GDPR compliance. Knowl Inf Syst 62, 3615–3640 (2020).
Evaluation/Comparison of DPV
- Thalhath N., Nagamori M., Sakaguchi T. (2020) MetaProfiles - A Mechanism to Express Metadata Schema, Privacy, Rights and Provenance for Data Interoperability. In: Ishita E., Pang N.L.S., Zhou L. (eds) Digital Libraries at Times of Massive Societal Transition. ICADL 2020. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 12504. Springer, Cham.
Mentions of DPV
- Calvaresi, D., Schumacher, M., & Calbimonte, J. P. (2020). Agent-based modeling for ontology-driven analysis of patient trajectories. Journal of medical systems, 44(9), 1-11. (open-access)
- Bonatti, P. A., Kirrane, S., Petrova, I. M., & Sauro, L. (2020). Machine Understandable Policies and GDPR Compliance Checking. KI-Künstliche Intelligenz, 34(3), 303-315. open-access: arXiv
- Matulevičius, R., Tom, J., Kala, K., & Sing, E. (2020, June). A Method for Managing GDPR Compliance in Business Processes. In International Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering (pp. 100-112). Springer, Cham.