Meetings/F2F Spring 2018
ARIA Face to Face Meeting 1 - 3 May 2018
The Accessible Rich Internet Applications (ARIA) Working Group will meet in Toronto, Ontario on 1 - 3 May 2018.
The host requests that participants be aware of the Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct.
Please register for the meeting by 20 April 2018.
Mozilla, Toronto 366 Adelaide St W, Suite 500 Toronto, ON M5V 1R9 Canada
When you arrive, take the elevator to the fifth floor. If the desk is temporarily empty there is a doorbell you can ring (or knock on a door). The receptionist should be available from 8:30 am.
Due to the small size of the group, we did not set up a hotel reservation block. A few hotels near the meeting location include (unvetted list):
Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Downtown 92 Peter St Toronto, ON M5V 2G5
Residence Inn Toronto Downtown / Entertainment District 255 Wellington Street West Toronto, ON M5V 3P9
Hyatt Regency Toronto 370 King Street West Toronto, ON M5V 1J9
Some may fly to Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport. This is fairly close to the meeting location and various island airport ground transport options are available.
Train users will go to Toronto Union Station. It is near the meeting location and public transit is available.
Candidate Agenda Topics
What do you what to discuss? Please add your candidate agenda topics here.
- User-agents (1 May)
- "Implementation Parity" (
- Inconsistent support in user agents
- Should CSS be allowed to effect semantics? Exhibit a: display:block on tables bug in Firefox
- Expectations with respect to AT support
- Role application and aria-roledescription (meaty topic)
- Combobox and related properties (needs in-depth discussion of approximately 90-120 minutes)
- The mapped/not-mapped problem (e.g., aria-autocomplete)
- Role Parity (2 May)
- Generic versus specific roles
- Input from AT vendors
- Attribute Parity (2 May)
- What must we have for 1.2?
- Do the rest in 1.3?
- Name Calculation (2 May)
- Whitespace, block versus inline, CSS, etc.
- Algorithm complexity
- Rechartering and Deliverables (3 May - morning)
- What can we reasonably commit to?
- Determining achievable milestones
- The "bus factor" problem
- Defining a roadmap
- Triaging Tracker and Bugzilla issues (3 May - afternoon)
May 1 - Agenda
|4.30-6|| Extra Topics from day 1....
Extra topics from day 2...
May 2 - Agenda
|9-10.30||Role application and aria-roledescription (MK)|
|10.45-12|| Inconsistent Support including where CSS impacts the A11y Tree
Mapped/not mapped problem (i.e. aria-autocomplete) (MK)
|1-2.30|| Name Calculation
|2.45-4.15|| Attribute Parity
|4.30-6|| Topics we didn't finish from Day 1/2
ComboBox and related properties (MK)
May 3 - Agenda
|9-10.30|| Rechartering and Deliverables
|1-2.30||Triaging Tracker and Bugzilla issues|