ISSUE-129: balanced columns in fixed-height
balanced columns in fixed-height
- CSS Multi-Column Layout
- Raised by:
- Alex Mogilevsky
- Opened on:
- If the height of a multi-column container is explicitly specified, then the column-fill: balance property is ignored in current implementations. The current spec doesnâ€™t seem to say anything on this. Can we get it specified?
In my opinion, disabling balancing with fixed columns may appear somewhat easier to implement, but it is a case of property side effect that we generally tend to avoid...
- Related Actions Items:
- No related actions
- Related emails:
- Re: [css3-syntax] Thoughts on proposed Syntax module (from email@example.com on 2012-08-30)
- Re: [CSS21] Errors in edits for Issue (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2011-03-26)
- Re: [CSS21] Errors in edits for Issue (from email@example.com on 2011-03-25)
- Re: [CSS21] Errors in edits for Issue (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2011-03-03)
- Re: [CSS21] Errors in edits for Issue (from email@example.com on 2011-02-10)
- [CSS21] Errors in edits for Issue (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2011-02-10)
- Agenda conf call 09-sep-2010 (from email@example.com on 2010-09-07)
- [CSSWG] Minutes and Resolutions Oslo F2F 2010 Tuesday: GCPM, MQ, Flexbox, Multicol, box-shadow, Publications, Future F2Fs (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2010-08-31)
- RE: [css3-multicol] column balancing and fixed height (RE: Question on Flexbox balance implementation) (from email@example.com on 2010-08-30)
- Re: [CSS21] Backing up in tokenizer (issue 129) (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2010-08-20)
- [CSS21] Backing up in tokenizer (issue 129) (from email@example.com on 2010-08-18)
- Re: [css21] url() syntax, core tokens vs grammar (from firstname.lastname@example.org on 2010-07-27)
- ISSUE-129: balanced columns in fixed-height [CSS Multi-Column Layout] (from email@example.com on 2010-07-07)
Resolved at FTF: specified height does not disable column balancing.
If content overflows, balancing is not applicable; the overflow adds additional columns, as defined in the spec.
re-open to track until the edits are made to the specAlex Mogilevsky, 3 Sep 2010, 00:05:56
Display change log