- 1 Contributing
- 2 Meetings
- 3 Issue and Action Tracking
- 4 Active Task Forces within the IG
- 5 Proposed IG Process
- 6 Mailing List Policies
- 7 Group Blog / News
- 8 Historical
- All agendas are sent to the group's public list (resolved 17 Feb 2015)
- See the group's process for review and approval of minutes, including when they are made public.
- Full Interest Group: Mondays 10:00-11:00 ET Dial-in code 644 435 710 WebEx information
See #Teleconference Logistics below.
- 22 March 2017 FTF meeting in Chicago
- 13 March 2017
- 27 February 2017
- 6 February 2017
- 9 January 2017
- 12 December
- 21 November
- 31 October
- More past meetings …
- Teleconference bridge :
- We are using WebEx as of 24 June 2015. If VoIP is not available, the WebEx bridge can be reached at +1 617-324-0000. Details available in the listing and ICS file for each meeting above. Note that you can use SIP to access this WebEx service via sip:email@example.com
- IRC: Access Directly the wpay IRC channel through the W3C IRC Web Interface
- Channel: #wpay
- Or, if you are configuring your own client: irc.w3.org, port 6667.
- When you join, type "present+ <yourircnickname>" so that you are properly recorded in the minutes
- Please read the instruction about the irc bot zakim managing the teleconference
Issue and Action Tracking
Active Task Forces within the IG
Monitored Community Groups
Proposed IG Process
The Web Payments IG should act as a steering committee for the Web Payments Activity. In addition to some administrative tasks, the IG should identify targets for standardization, and work to produce Working Group charters for groups that will create the actual standards. To help fulfill this part of the IG mission, we have a proposed process (under discussion).
Mailing List Policies
- Public list for group technical discussion. Per the Web Payments IG Charter, this group primarily conducts its technical work on the public mailing list at firstname.lastname@example.org (archive).
- Public list for external feedback on IG deliverables. The list email@example.com (archive), is to collect public feedback on the Web Payments IG work and documents. To join the list, see W3C mailing list and archive usage guidelines and send an email with a subject of "subscribe" to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Member-only list for sensitive or admin information. The list email@example.com (archive) is for administrative purposes (f2f meeting planning, telephone conference agenda, etc.) and may be used for sharing sensitive information if needed. This list is readable and writable by anyone with access to the W3C Member site.
Group Blog / News
- The news at the top of this page is managed by WordPress. All IG members are allowed to post news. Note that only the last 2 news are displayed on this page. Older news are accessible through the older post menu below the news. In order to publish a news, you need to Log in then Add a new post.
- If you do not feel comfortable publishing yourself, feel free to ask the team contacts to do so.
Q4 2015 Proposals
- Deliverables (documents and charters)
- See also Manu's diagram, which may lead to changes in the documents and charters resource.
- This task force gathers use-cases that the IG is planning to address.
- Prefix email subjects with "[use_cases]"
- Web Payments Use Cases Editor's Draft
- Web Payments Use Cases First Public Working Draft
- Use Cases Wiki, which is a repository for ideas for use cases
- List of Requirements (Draft!)
- This task force is defining an architecture that would address the prioritized use cases the group wishes to address.
- Prefix email subjects with "[payment_agent]"
- Web Payments: Capabilities 1.0
- Payment Agent Wiki
- Payment Architecture Feature Priorities - Prioritized feature list for Payment Architecture
- Web Payment Request Spec proposal (from Evan Schwartz). This prototype was presented at our June 2015 FTF meeting as a way to illustrate our discussions.
- This task force provides feedback on relevant external specifications.
- Prefix email subjects with "[external_reviews]"
- External Reviews Wiki
Internet of Value
- Today's payment networks are disconnected like the documentation systems that the Web sought to connect. This task force explores how the Web can connect new and existing value networks and enable cross-network clearing and settlement that is secure, low-cost, and fast.
The central question will be how standardization could make web payment mechanisms more interoperable, accessible and competitive.
Let's design an open payment scheme for the Web.
Prefix email subjects with "[iov]"
- This task force is the liaison with W3C and relevant industry groups in the area of security. The group will help determine what new work is required within the W3C, or will be better left to other organizations.
- Prefix email subjects with "[security]"
- Security Wiki
- The terms used in the Use Cases and Payment Agent definitions are listed and referenced in this shared glossary.
- Prefix email subjects with "[glossary]"
- Draft Glossary Reference (and experiment in formatting)
- Glossary Wiki
- This task force will develop messaging and communications plans to share the group's work with a variety of stakeholders.
- Prefix email subjects with "[comms]"
- Communications Strategy Wiki
- Payment Architecture WG Messages
- Supersedes the Executive Summary of the IG's goals, and benefits of the work to various audiences.