1 Purpose of this document
The working group has to follow a process to express that all comments on the ITS 2.0 last call draft (6. December 2012) or other following drafts have been handled. This page summarizes the process.
2 Receiving comments
- All comments, including comments from working group members, must go to the comments list: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-multilingualweb-lt-comments/
- People who don't know the comment gathering process should be directed to http://www.w3.org/TR/its20/#status
3 Processing of comments
We follow these steps:
- The co-chairs give comments an issue via tracker, following the raise an issue link
- The comments are discussed in the working group
- The working group comes back to the commentor with the resolution
- All comments that lead to a spec change are implemented in the spec by the co-editors
- The change log of the spec is updated with a link to the issue
4 Tracker handling
In tracker, notes including certain keywords + values need to be added to an issue. The keywords and values identifiy the status of a comment. Each keyword plus colon : plus the value need to be added in a separate note to an issue.
- Keyword DUPLICATE-OF:. This identifies that the issue is a duplicate of other issues. After the : character there is the name of an issue, e.g. DUPLICATE-OF: issue-73. If this keyword is added, none of the following keywords are needed.
- Keyword RESOLUTION:. This identifies the resolution made by the working group. The value is accepted or rejected or unknown. If none of these values is given the resolution is unknown.
- Keyword COMMENTER-RESPONSE:. This identifies the response from the reviewer to the resolution. The value is satisfied or unsatisfied. After the keyword, optionally a URI pointing to the response can be added. See as an example issue-58.
- Keyword CHANGE-TYPE:. This identifies the type of change made in response to the comment. The value is editorial or substantive or none.
- Keyword DECISION-DETAILS: (optional). Followed by a text that provides details about the decision.
- Keyword RELATED-COMMENT: (optional). This identifies related issue, e.g. RELATED-COMMENT: issue-89. Each related issue needs a separate note in tracker.
5 Generation of Disposition of Comments
An XSLT stylesheets auto generates a disposition of comments from a tracker database dump. The stylesheet is at http://www.w3.org/International/multilingualweb/lt/drafts/its20/tools/xslt/disco-for-its20.xsl and based on the DisCo tool.
The W3C XSLT Servlet can be used to generate the disposition of comments. This link http://tinyurl.com/its20-comments-handling calls the service and provides the latest version of the disposition of comments.
If the keywords about the status are not available for a given issue, the stylesheet generates unknown, and the working group needs to update the tracker entries with the keywords described at tracker handling.