Chair: Joseph Reagle
Note Taker: Joseph Reagle [text]
- Joseph Reagle, W3C
- Ed Simon, Entrust
- Shivaram Mysore, Sun Microsystems
- David Solo, Citigroup
- Yongge Wang, Certicom
- Frederick Hirsch, Zolera
- Maryann Honelo, IBM
- Katherine Betz, IBM
- Eric E. Cohen, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Daniel Toth, Ford
- Donald Eastlake 3rd, Motorola
- (regrets) Raghavan N. Srinivas, Sun
Status of documents < 5 minutes
- Requirements - want to publish as a W3C TR
Anyone have any comments they know they'll
want to make?
None stated, though Blair has mentioned he has a bunch, but we should proceed with
- Syntax and Processing - lots of editings, hopefully something decent by end of week.
- Reagle: reflect discussions in minutes in Requirements Document.
- Reagle and Dillaway: reflect discussion in a new specification draft including schema
structures, EncryptedKey as child of KeyInfo, and adding a "hint" attribute for
when there's multiple recipients.
Done (see new issues in spec.)
- Eastlake: draft a more complete algorithm section include algorithm profiles and IV
checksum cipher text values.
Pending. At this week, won't be able to post anything
until after return.
- Maruyama: update the Encryption/Signature Transform. Update Security Considerations, add
a scenario or two (and maybe borrow "enc:DataRef" instead of using
Pending (returning to Japan this week.)
- Maruyama: an email exploring the question of our processing model and the relationship
between DOM, Infoset, and serialization and the issue related to using current parsers to
get a pointer to a byte where element starting "<" is.
to Japan this week.)
- Reagle: "Review the use of a URI versus an ID and NameKey in an EncryptedKey
- Reagle: Write an email describing options with respect to reuse of dsig KeyInfo.
- Reagle: Inform Don Davis of new requirements document when complete and that issue 6.2
Reagle: can the requirement over streaming media be further specified, hard to
understand what it means technically.
Simon: xenc should meet the requirements of a streaming application.
Action Reagle: since this seems more of a coordination issues, lets most this to the
We need some explicit schema that indicates an EncryptedKey is valid as either a
standalone element or a child of a KeyInfo. -- Dillaway. Ed Simon is willing to help
Reagle with this.
Shivaram. missing sections and spellcheck.