Re: ISSUE 5.14: Revised proposal to close ontology versioning

On Mon, 2002-12-02 at 16:10, Jeff Heflin wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Based on feedback via e-mail and the telecon of 11/21, here is a revised
> proposal for ontology versioning. This message is divided into the core
> proposal, and two options about how it should be included in OWL.
>

> CORE PROPOSAL
> ---------------
> I propose to add the following identifiers to the OWL namespace:
>
> priorVersion
> backCompatWith
> deprecatedClass
> deprecatedProperty

hmm... still no versionOf, i.e. no
relationship between a specific version
and the generic thing that it's a version of, as
I requested 20 Nov.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Nov/0242.html

Everything else about this proposal looks fine, but
I still think versionOf is as important as
priorVersion.

[...]

> Two options have been suggested for how this proposal would be
> incorporated into OWL.
>
> Option #1:
> Make the proposal normative. The reference, guide, and feature synopsis
> would be updated appropriately.
>
> Option #2:
> Make the proposal non-normative.

I don't see any motivation for option 2 at all.