Re: Survey says....

At 04:19 PM 2/16/2000 , Wendy A Chisholm wrote:
>The results:
>44% of respondents replied "Yes, we are trying to follow those standards the best we can."
>55% replied "No, we haven't looked into the accessibility standards."
>wow.  better than i thought.

Well, they -are- a self-selected sample.  Most people who don't even
know what it's talking about will either answer yes because it makes
them feel good even though they're still ignorant, or not answer at
all (and ignore the survey).

I'm more encouraged by the 55% who actually -are- willing to admit
that they haven't looked into it.  Admitting you have a problem is
the first step to solving it.  The actual numbers of site operators
who haven't looked into accessibility standards is much, much, much
higher.