Cognitive and Learning Disabilities Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

01 December 2022


aaronchu, abbey, Becca_Monteleone, EA, Fazio, Jennie, julierawe, kirkwood, lisa, Poornima, Rain

Meeting minutes

+ present

<lisa> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n71iOu4QazmnY-nTbQFKO18qIfbXXVwtjTPQswx7w5Q/edit#gid=0

<lisa> next item

Rain Update of her subgroups - still working on feedback on some of the structure - but not having a meeting as still working through information.

<Becca_Monteleone> I have completed the poll now - thanks Lisa!

2nd update is that identified a researcher at Google to support qualatative research in Jan or Feb 2023 - plan will be sorted today

3rd update from Rain is a request to participate with a card sort about the structure - patterns and objectives are correctly grouped.

<Rain> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tOZurqOlJ3B3wUQmnxkP4B3PjAb3FiLEP2jIMtpm7lo/copy

Google sheet set up

<Rain> Google sheet to do the card sort activity: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tOZurqOlJ3B3wUQmnxkP4B3PjAb3FiLEP2jIMtpm7lo/copy

<Rain> rainb@google.com

Rain sharing screen to describe action on clicking on the document - a button will make a copy of the document so participants will have their own version. Once created add own name in title - this is then yours and then share with Rain using her google email address.

<Rain> Share with me

Rain will then share with Kiki - when completing the survey - do not refer to things done in the past - just look at the pattern and read it as it is presented on the document. The change and compare to the objectives as listed. If you want another objective just add it to the list - it will become part of the drop down list. Add notes at will. Please help by taking part in understanding the words on their own

Lisa asked would it make sense to mess up the order a bit more so that you are not guiding - makes it looks afresh - the list is not being sorted by importance.

Rain said it is important to think about the link with objectives - if important or less important please add a comment in the notes section

Rain said that if it belongs to multiple objective - just pick one put that into the column and then you can make a note as to why you chose the one you did - you can say that you wanted to choose more than one as the reason beside the choice

Julie suggested just use an alphabetical order. Juie offered to help with it all.

Rain carried out the process

Poornima asked if this was just for coga task force?

<Rain> Link that you can share is https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tOZurqOlJ3B3wUQmnxkP4B3PjAb3FiLEP2jIMtpm7lo/copy

<Rain> Please ask them to share their copy with rainb@google.com

Rain sent the link again so that anyone can share their copy

Lisa asked mentioned an early proposal for a card sort and suggested that it might help to have another column with alternative objectives.

Rain wondered if this was different from the column with the chance to add a new objective.

<Fazio> +1 to Lisa

Rain added another column for alternatives

Clear Language is on hold

<Rain> Source sheet has been updated to include an alternative objective column

Jennie update on test plan and strategy group are working on a new outline for testing content usable - next week will review each update - next subgroup meeting on 15th Dec so if possible Shawn and Jennie will get back after Christmas as to the next time for a meeting.

<Becca_Monteleone> I would be interested in helping with this!

Becca is attending meeting next week with guidance for user testing so possibly other people may wish to join the assignment.

Sorry Julie at meeting and Becca

Research update - what papers ready for publication - more work hard to do before the end of the year

David Swallow taken on a task but not on the call.

<Jennie> For testing subgroup homework (including those that want to help) - go to the heading "Draft Your Document Structure Here" on https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Otsl4HTCvpQj63xYVKzOVkulf6o75dWEthu6WI9Vtj8/edit#heading=h.lswn4t749mdu

<Jennie> Please reach out to Shawn Thompson or myself if you have any questions.

Aaron has a research plan outline starting and is going to tackle the mental health research list - Lisa asked for an update on the papers as some are quite old.

Lisa offered to help if Aaron could email - as timeline should be extended to end of February as a large job.

Lisa also asking if anyone would look at the structure of the research papers - if anyone has any ideas how this could be moved forward this would help.

Images subgroup meeting on 2nd Dec - two things - preliminary review of icons and colour pallets plus wire frames - looking at graphics that are being worked on at the moment. will present more updates as soon as possible.

Poornima said that she is working on test matters and requirements - questions about language and may want to link with clear language subgroup. Has some questions for the subgroup.

Lisa suggested if the questions could be written up Julie will be able to see them and add them to the timetable.

<lisa> reserch documents questionnaire https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc4ugu4iWRlEQ84-NWJmaiwtVWkXD1mhdCxB6MMy8N_mT56Bg/viewform?usp=pp_url

Rain said that the test subgroup should also be involved with looking at the words that are causing issues - so both subgroups look at the queries

<lisa> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc4ugu4iWRlEQ84-NWJmaiwtVWkXD1mhdCxB6MMy8N_mT56Bg/viewform?usp=pp_url

Research documents need a questionnaire sent out and Lisa has put the link the IRC

<lisa> outreach for the quenair at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xXjHPCfWm00iAJqmjdwFq_RQ80vKwwxFAoiEGI3NOlM/edit#gid=1485617472

also a document about the outreach for the questionnaire

There are not enough answers to be statistically useful so please spread the news about these surveys.

Lisa asked Rain about numbers using the research papers

Jennie wondering if the minutes have been sent to the list - need to resume sending the minutes to the list so that there is a place to reference. The archives have stopped working

<Jennie> Previous page with meeting minute archives: https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/Meeting_Minutes

<Rachael> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/minutes

<Jennie> Thank you! Now I have a new bookmark

Three different links to the minutes and resolutions

ACTION: https://docs.google.com/document/d/15HtPkkYx1CIl6bAwP2nsSZKhqTVbqcuMDRz5RmtmvXg/edit#

Jennie mentioned that there are items that everyone has been discussed. Actions page helpful but aspects are not included and resolutions page helpful

Resume doing the email with minutes would be helpful for all.

<Jennie> Thank you Lisa - love that there will be a 2nd option

Jennie still updating work on the new document

<Jennie> New document for drafting comments related to the collaboration document (CTAUR): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1m3pLQFcWl6013JwMygQtVS59qrooG2GoT_xSP4gdEmw/edit#heading=h.68d6q5v3aew5

Action to look over the collaborative document

<trackbot> Error finding 'to'. You can review and register nicknames at <https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/track/users>.

This is about an APA working document about user needs for using applications such as Github and Google docs etc.

<Jennie> Group task is to review the documents listed as previous collection locations and see if anything is missing

<Jennie> #6

<Github> https://github.com/w3c/coga/pull/6 : Gh pages

The document is one that is being drafted CTUR with coga comments... next steps heading - select Jennie's face and No 6 talks about the list of documents that has a history of collaboration spaces. Please check if any are missing and add them

All need to be captured in the document

Timeline is 1st week January - just take a letter under No 6 and go through it and make sure it is captured.

No volunteers at the moment - Jennie has said she will start the process and then maybe involve everyone later - see if you can add a time when it might be possible to help add name to the document with dates

<lisa> next item

EO group meeting - update videos may be available but review has to be done in the next 24 hours. Only massive concerns should be mentioned as cannot really change the video. Only able to cut things out.

Julie said that so much input happened prior to filming that most problems will have been caught. But no one has seen the actual videos but will be sent out soon.

Google doc page will be created and send it around for comments.

Time differences that several members of the group will miss the time for reviewing.

<kirkwood> great Julie, thank you

Lisa mentioned that the concern remains that there might be something that really needs to be dealt with via the Google doc and Julie will send the email to alert the developers

<Rachael> https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1lMYbFlUVhWSKaEnrzUfpozdXybkL2U8jTgWUKq59zjc/edit#slide=id.p

Rachael mentioned an update from AG - there is a small group meeting about equity - link provided. If you want to join the group about where the topic of equity should go - not about equity. First step in addresing challenges with equity in W3C as a whole.

<Rachael> https://w3c.github.io/silver/guidelines/#procedural-tests

WCAG 3 has all the content now pulled into the editors draft - link provided - references coga - can be edited changed and updated in the next few weeks. Jan / Feb update will have coga input.

<lisa> +1 if you feel we want to spend a call on equity

<kirkwood> -1

<Rachael> -1 unless you are going to focus on where in the structure the conversation should happen

JohnK feels this is not necessary now

<Rain> -1 until they start talking about what equity actually means

<Fazio> 0

<Becca_Monteleone> 0



<Jennie> Thank you for bring these to COGA Rachael

Rachael is really wanting to just raise awareness about the equity discussions. Jan / Feb more info coming.

<lisa> next item

Lisa has released the poll for meeting times for coga but Monday appears to be the best time at the moment. Possibly subgroup meetings at a different times. Please leave comments and respond on the list

The poll is for the regular meeting - 1 hour block and the subgroups can be at another time.

<lisa> next item

<lisa> close item 4

<lisa> close item 5

<Jennie> Regrets for next week's call

Next week there will be a call followed by two week holiday - 22nd Dec and 29th Dec no meetings.

Meeting on 8th has subgroup for mental health 15th has user testing protocol so needs input on clear language

Lisa request sign up to scribe list

Lisa mentioned that were still items in the Content Usable that did not include some paragraphes related to challenges - things that were avoided, hard to do, avoided etc - need collecting as issues and recording them

<lisa> https://www.w3.org/TR/coga-usable/#user_needs

<kirkwood> make sure capture all user needs in above link

User needs link added but needs more and the pattern may not be solving the issue or need additional ideas - personal experiences etc

<Poornima> I need to drop for another meeting, thank you

This will be discussed on 8th Dec.

<kirkwood> for discussion next week

Summary of action items

  1. https://docs.google.com/document/d/15HtPkkYx1CIl6bAwP2nsSZKhqTVbqcuMDRz5RmtmvXg/edit#
Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by scribe.perl version 196 (Thu Oct 27 17:06:44 2022 UTC).


Active on IRC: aaronchu, abbey, Becca_Monteleone, EA, Fazio, Github, Jennie, julierawe, kirkwood, lisa, Lisa, Poornima, Rachael, Rain