Silver Task Force & Community Group

09 Sep 2022


Lauriat, maryjom, Makoto, Wilco, Azlan, ToddL, Poornima, Rachael


<Lauriat> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Scribe_List

TPAC Preparation


<Lauriat> TPAC Agenda and Surveys https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-silver/2022Sep/0009.html

Shawn: Main purpose of this meeting is to discuss presentations / surveys for TPAC

<Lauriat> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2022#AG_WG_Meeting_at_TPAC_2022

Shawn: The schedule is pacific time, not Boston based, do adjust for your own timezone
... Monday there's a meeting with APA and COGA
... There are four surveys for next week, two for Monday, two for Tuesday.
... Please take time to fill them out, they're pretty short
... Equity is the first thing after lunch
... Each day ends with a working session
... Anyone from test types or equity who wants to talk through their work?

Shadi: There are lots of details for Test types that we can go through

<Lauriat> Test Types PR Survey https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/test-types/

Shadi: What we're asking is if the direction is a good one. Is it something we can continue exploring
... I feel it's important to get the backing of the group if we should continue experimenting

Shawn: The survey question, and what described is the level I'd want to ask.
... This is very much in the works. This is a direction we should build in.
... There are three different answers. 1. Is yes support, and keep as exploratory, 2 is yes and to go to developing, and 3 is no and suggest a direction.

<MichaelC> Equity PR

<MichaelC> proposed Equity section

Michael: There is a pull request for equity. We don't have auto-formatting for exploratory sections in the requirements yet. It will be.

<Lauriat> Equity PR Survey https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/equity-tpac/

Michael: it's put in the section under Opportunities.
... We ended up dividing it in to three categories. Equity in impact
... Equity in process, and then there is structural equity. Things in the world, people disadvantaged for structural reasons.
... I tried to focus the requirements mainly on impact and process.
... The proposal is that we'd use more of an equity designed process in the groups.
... There is some high-level stuff in the pull request as to what that means, but in general that involves tracking how improvements are happening.
... We should take up an equity centered process in some way, and we should talk about that in TPAC.
... We don't have consensus that that's all we need, but that's what in the pull request

Shawn: That's Monday, Tuesday then gets into Issue severity

<Lauriat> Issue Severity Survey https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/issue-severity-tpac/

Rachael: Just to highlight, this one has methods. They're not well labelled, they're not fully formatted

Shawn: The next thing on Tuesday's agenda is the accessibility support presentation

<Makoto> Accessibility Supported Subgroup Wiki https://github.com/w3c/silver/wiki/Accessibility-supported-Subgroup

<Lauriat> Accessibility Supported PR Survey https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/access-support-tpac/

Makoto: We need to discuss which direction we should go. Keep the concept of accessibility support, or remove it
... I'd like to ask participants, should we keep accessibility support, or remove it?
... We have 5 options, and I'd like to discuss which you want and why
... It would also be fruitful to go through the questions after my presentation

Rachael: I think it's a fruitful conversation to discuss which options people would prefer and why

Shawn: I think breaking down those options helps immensely. We've had the higher level in-or-out discussion.

Makoto: My slides don't have the information about the directions yet. I'll add a slide which show the options

Shawn: The second half of Tuesday we have the conformance discussion

Rachael: It was intended as an initial conversation. It's not tied to a subgroup

Shadi: is this something I could help with?

Rachael: Certainly
... I'll be facilitating this discussion

Shawn: Wednesday there are other TPAC events.
... Thursday we'll get into the options for building a conformance model.
... My understanding is that the options will come from the working sessions between the pre-discussion and the Thursday morning.

Rachael: Yes, we also have core questions we'll be working from.

<Rachael> this is a working document we will build out based on Monday and Tuesday to craft Thursday and Friday: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_yqsQyGe4fJ6y1XaU14Cuhupm8HZqykhPTGBpgugzNo/edit#gid=0

Shawn: The session after that will be evaluating those options. There will be several such sessions.
... We're hoping to do quite a bit work on conformance next week.
... The second half on Friday morning is on use cases.

Rachael: That was potentially going back to the conformance options subgroup.

Janina: I'll be with ARIA that time.

Rachael: If we have time, we may slip on Monday / Tuesday, in which case this may be better for after TPAC
... If we do it we'll do it in the 8:30 session then.

Shawn: Following that we have a retrospective, and then one more working session
... Was there anything anyone else wanted to bring?

Rachael: I'll continue to fill out and update the schedule.
... We heard some conversation on conformance vs compliance. There's the concept of just measuring and compliance.
... Session 3 is to talk about the overlap and figure that out.

Shawn: If there's nothing else. I want to note, please fill out the surveys, but they are short and concrete.

<Lauriat> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-silver/2022Sep/0009.html

Rachael: As people finish their presentations, add them to the agenda

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.200 (CVS log)
$Date: 2022/09/09 14:30:13 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision VERSION of 2020-12-31
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Default Present: Lauriat, maryjom, Makoto, Wilco, Azlan, ToddL, Poornima, Rachael
Present: Lauriat, maryjom, Makoto, Wilco, Azlan, ToddL, Poornima, Rachael
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: Wilco
Inferring Scribes: Wilco

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

WARNING: No date found!  Assuming today.  (Hint: Specify
the W3C IRC log URL, and the date will be determined from that.)
Or specify the date like this:
<dbooth> Date: 12 Sep 2002

People with action items: 

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]