Cognitive and Learning Disabilities Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

10 Mar 2022


Jennie, Fazio, Rain, julierawe, ShawnT, JustineP, Le, lisas, kirkwood, rashmi, jxz, cweidner, Roy, krisanne, David-Swallow, Rachael
EA, Albert, John Rochford, JustineP


<scribe> scribe: cweidner

<Jennie> * I would LOVE a map that lists where everyone is!

Welcome to new COGA member Roy

<Rain> Scribe list: https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/Scribe_list

<Rain> lisa: welcoming new member and offering an orientation call

<David-Swallow> I would really appreciate that, Lisa!

<scribe> New members to reach out to Lisa to set up an orientation call in the coming weeks.

If anyone else would like to join they are welcome.

<Rain> lisas_: offering this new member orientation and asking new members to send her times that are good for Israel timezone

Rain offers brief primer on scribing and how to properly capture member commentary

<Rain> ... continuation of lisa's statement (example)

Rain: COGA working with EO to rewrite their page on cognitive and learning disabilities
... Julie and Lisa are in the lead
... Some of us had concerns on the way the personas are written. Rain is reaching out to express that concern and looking to set up a call to discuss.

KrisAnne: I am going to try to have a side conversation when I attend the EO meeting and if we can organize another discussion.

<ShawnT> EO: https://www.w3.org/WAI/about/groups/eowg/

<Rain> Mobile task force feedback working document from COGA: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lq0OZ4qwyLppH4qOcr1o8IaREg_HX276uye4lFq4Df4/edit#heading=h.yzlqnfeuwzw4

Mobile Task Force is reviewing and giving feedback on the working doc we provided them.

Will be ready to come back to us in May for another convo

Rain to Jenny: Any update on the guardianship doc?

Jennie: I am getting a few requests from emails I don't recognize asking for access to the doc. I think we need to talk about access to some of the docs in the shared drive.

Rain: Task Force members can reach out to me for access. Non-members can reach out to Michael.

Jennie: I'm getting some emails from unknown domains, so might be a bigger process question.

Rain: Forward them to me and I can evaluate.

Rain to Julie: Any update on the Clear Language group?

Julie: We've reached out to the Plain Language groups and we'll share back once we have a draft in place.

KrisAnne: Julie, I might need to reach out to you to share the curriculum modules for your feedback if you're open to that.

Julie: I'd be happy to!

<Rain> Lisa's work to collect resources and research in one place: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1U3gdQesJHTmLZ2H62_23olZD3jZ-5SEMBZxhb-RsQsY/edit?usp=sharing

Lisa: If anyone would like to have a look at at our collection of resources and research please have a look. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1U3gdQesJHTmLZ2H62_23olZD3jZ-5SEMBZxhb-RsQsY/edit?usp=sharing

Rain: I have an update re: community group. We have started the process to transition from the Chairs to Community Group chairs from the group itself.

John K: How many members do we have at present?

<Jennie> * Congrats to all involved with the community group!

Rain: I believe we have about 62, and about 10 people attending each meeting. Getting some good feedback about the value of live transcription and other COGA needs.

[5 mins, Rachael] Update from AG and what’s coming up in surveys

Rachael: Reminder that we're shifting to Daylight Savings Time in the US. AG will not be meeting next week. When we return we'll be working on WCAG 2.2.

Lisa: When you are recharging, will you be taking our charter under advisement the COGA charter?

Rachael: You should absolutely review it from a subgroup POV. It's in draft and we'll present it on April 5th, but will be happy to review the week before.

<Rain> April 5th will be when we start to look at the draft of the updated AGWG charter

Lisa: Could you present to us on the call when it's drafted?

Rachael: Of course. So you're aware--we're definitely at the beginning of this and when we have a draft I will be sure top brief this group.

KrisAnne: Thanks for this. Speaking of rechartering... EO found last time that collecting feedback about how our resources are used was really helpful for showing how the work we do is being used outside W3C. I'll send an email as a reminder so people can follow up with me. If anyone used EO's work in your work if you could let me know.

<Jennie> *Kris Anne - we have many people at the state of Minnesota that use EO information. Email me off the list with links you specifically want information about. I can share with our accessibility coordinator list to get you feedback

KrisAnne: Trying to talk to as many folks as I can about how our work is being used.

Lisa: I'd love to look at that as well.

<kirkwood> I would like to see it as wll, great!

*Lisa walks the group through Timeline for V2 of Content Usable

Jennie: I really like the conversation Kris Anne is having around the work that they are doing at EO. I am wondering if we should add a "Planned to Do" to reach out to others about our assumptions around gaps analysis?

Kris Anne: Probably. Content Usable has been published for a year. It might be a good idea to survey folks to see how they are using it. Sometimes awareness might even be an issue and it can be good to just ask people.

scribe: Twitter has a great accessibility community, so does LinkedIn. Perhaps a Github repository? A Google survey might be a good solution.

Rashmi: We have seen success at our group with Google survey.

<Jennie> +1 Thanks Lisa!

Lisa: I've added a KPI for discovering how Content Usable is being used.
... Are people now comfortable with these KPIs for the research component?

<lisas_> kpi for the reserch are you ok with them

<lisas_> +1

<Jennie> +2

<kirkwood> +1

<Rain> +1


<Jennie> sorry, that should be +1

<ShawnT> +1

<rashmi> +1

<julierawe> +1

<krisanne> +1

<Rachael> +1

<Rain> General agreement on the issue papers KPIs, moving test process to a future meeting

<lisas_> draft: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oNrl_kghy8J1Pab-L1a_XNZr4YsIMrbEgYuttOCvtFo/edit#

*Jennie walks the group through the Guardianship draft

Jennie: John and I have a meeting tomorrow to review any feedback and discussion. But wanted to give folks an opportunity to comment or ask questions today.

Lisa: What happens when someone under guardianship wants to participate? It seems like we need to be aware of when the individual under guardianship needs to be consulted? There could be legal guardianship questions we need to navigate.

Jennie: Thanks. Will look into.
... If others want to add any other feedback, please add to the document by mid-day tomorrow. (US time)

Rain: Will there be another round before we send to Michael?

Jennie: Will be sending to Lisa and Rain to review after this round.

Rain: Reminder...COGA will not be meeting next week.
... Apologies to Julie for not getting to the Clear Language doc on this meeting. Do you want to ask if folks want to join the next meeting?

<Rain> Correction: EO document, not Clear Language

Julie: Yes. I just sent an invite out. Would love to have anyone join us next Tuesday for re-writing the EO cognitive disabilities page. We've already had one good group session and working on a summary. Continuing to work through the rest of the page next Tuesday.

<ShawnT> I have to go, thanks again for another great meeting!

<julierawe> I have to go, thank you

<Jennie> Have a good week!

Subgroup meeting (11am-Noon ET): Mental Health

<lisas_> topic : mental health

<lisas_> wiki page:https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/coga/wiki/Subgroups/Mental_Health

<lisas_> google doc with out links: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XWmikm5Ein5CQ02knEJ5iGzO1YJMilTMBJ_aLVCTzs0/edit#heading=h.z5xto67n43x9

<lisas_> form : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eKNrofGubnpQE6mO-vxmI-1MW5nA2LDj0LxebREPRGA/edit?resourcekey#gid=1686096268

<lisas_> spread sheet with the results : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eKNrofGubnpQE6mO-vxmI-1MW5nA2LDj0LxebREPRGA/edit?resourcekey#gid=1686096268

<lisas_> form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeGrqJKV7RluoYrKHJN8cBJH3w9sDx7lAlAhcV0BeBTUVybkw/viewform

<lisas_> https://www.w3.org/TR/coga-usable/

<lisas_> genral papers for cognative: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1U3gdQesJHTmLZ2H62_23olZD3jZ-5SEMBZxhb-RsQsY/edit#heading=h.mlmzbfzcxof

<rashmi> https://doi.org/10.1093/schbul/sbt194

<rashmi> https://www.jmir.org/2021/3/e23137

<kirkwood> very interesting concept of navigational depth which we may need to cover better: https://www.jmir.org/2021/3/e23137

<Rain> RRSAgent: make minutes

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.200 (CVS log)
$Date: 2022/03/10 17:28:38 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision VERSION of 2020-12-31
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Default Present: Jennie, Fazio, Rain, julierawe, ShawnT, JustineP, Le, lisas, kirkwood, rashmi, jxz, cweidner, Roy, krisanne, David-Swallow, Rachael
Present: Jennie, Fazio, Rain, julierawe, ShawnT, JustineP, Le, lisas, kirkwood, rashmi, jxz, cweidner, Roy, krisanne, David-Swallow, Rachael
Regrets: EA, Albert, John Rochford, JustineP
Found Scribe: cweidner
Inferring ScribeNick: cweidner
Found Date: 10 Mar 2022
People with action items: 

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]