DXWG DCAT subgroup

25 January 2022


AndreaPerego, DaveBrowning, Nobu_OGURA, riccardoAlbertoni

Meeting minutes

<riccardoAlbertoni> PROPOSED: approve last meeting minutes https://www.w3.org/2021/12/14-dxwgdcat-minutes

<riccardoAlbertoni> +1


<AndreaPerego> 0 (was not there)

RESOLUTION: approve last meeting minutes https://www.w3.org/2021/12/14-dxwgdcat-minutes

riccardoAlbertoni: Discussions on paper with Alejandra, and with potential journal

<AndreaPerego> No objections.

riccardoAlbertoni: They didn't seem appropriate. Another suggestion has been made - want to check that other editors are okay with this approach

Status of DCAT3 3PWD

No objections raise

riccardoAlbertoni: We need a plan for the next month - intend a fourth public draft.

<riccardoAlbertoni> https://w3c.github.io/spec-releases/milestones/?cr=2022-05-31

riccardoAlbertoni: Is this agreed, and can we produce a schedule?
… This schedule implies a public draft by mid February

<riccardoAlbertoni> https://w3c.github.io/spec-releases/milestones/?cr=2022-06-16

riccardoAlbertoni: This plan moves the CR to mid June

<riccardoAlbertoni> https://w3c.github.io/spec-releases/milestones/?cr=2022-07-26

riccardoAlbertoni: and this one to end July

DaveBrowning: I will be moving in June/July - may be difficult to provide effort from mid June onwards

riccardoAlbertoni: I will be very busy too

<riccardoAlbertoni> Monday, February 28 2022

riccardoAlbertoni: we could aim for end Feb for 4 PWD. Then CR at beginnong of June

AndreaPerego: We probably have to have a 4th PWD. But doing it in Feb means we won't be adding much.
… Only thing to be checked is that the plenary are happy

riccardoAlbertoni: Little complaint on versioning, but data series is still quite active discussion
… most feedback was late but manageable - but we do need to include/respond

AndreaPerego: Think what we have added works
… Discussion isn't a surprise - its a response to the features in DCAT 1.
… If its enough for 4 PWD to have versioning and series then its possible

riccardoAlbertoni: Are editors available

AndreaPerego: I should be generally

DaveBrowning: I can contribute some time

AndreaPerego: End February means just one meeting before then
… Could we use the plenary for this?

riccardoAlbertoni: Best way to handle plenary would be to make a practical suggestion
… Next plenary is likely to be focussed on charter

riccardoAlbertoni: If end Feb isn't acceptable the we would have to delay the CR to after the summer

<riccardoAlbertoni> https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/1437

Open issues

riccardoAlbertoni: I'll make sure scheduling is covered in plenary

riccardoAlbertoni: Long discussion in thread - suggest we drop accessURL from example

AndreaPerego: Agree with the suggestion. Discussion is quite complicated, and quite some time ago
… Example needs to help explain, while the usage may reflect DCAT 2014 practice it isn't really ideal now

action on riccardoAlbertoni to put together a PR

<trackbot> Sorry, but no Tracker is associated with this channel.

<riccardoAlbertoni> https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/1438

next issue

riccardoAlbertoni: Perhaps just replace tar with zip

AndreaPerego: Good idea
… there isn't a good global code list. But talking to IANA isn't in our remit

<riccardoAlbertoni> https://github.com/w3c/dxwg/issues/1436

riccardoAlbertoni: Haven't had time to look at this in detail, but not sure what the problem really is

AndreaPerego: Needs a closer look

riccardoAlbertoni: We need to make sure that the plenary is happy about how we handle issues that we can't respond to in the recommendation
… We have responded to many but still more to do

AndreaPerego: Not sure how much effort/time it will need and we have limited resources
… we also have limited feedback from the wider community.
… dataservices do need to be addressed but can't be done by February
… Unless we try to produce a roadmap

riccardoAlbertoni: Perhaps some effort in parallel to the CR process....

AndreaPerego: We can suggest it.

AndreaPerego: Perhaps we can make some time for Nobu to provide his perspective in the next meeting
… We're also keen to explain what we did with DCAT 2 & 3

Nobu_OGURA: Appreciate the offer of help

Summary of resolutions

  1. approve last meeting minutes https://www.w3.org/2021/12/14-dxwgdcat-minutes
Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by scribe.perl version 185 (Thu Dec 2 18:51:55 2021 UTC).


Succeeded: s/reSOLVED/resolved/

Succeeded: s/schdulingis/scheduling is/