WoT Discovery

17 May 2021


Andrea_Cimmino, Cristian_Glomb, Farshid_Tavakolizadeh, Kaz_Ashimura, Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_McCool, Tomoaki_Mizushima

Meeting minutes



meeting starts reviewing the minutes of previous meetings

minutes are approved with no objections

and are published


meeting moves to updates

Kaz: cases will be updated tomorrow


meeting moves to issues, in order to close if possible some of them

<kaz> Issue 164 - Consider adding "poll hook" to registration

first issue been reviewed is issue #164

McCool: e issue is for adding a "poll hook" to registration

McCool: issue is quite complicate to be solved in time, therefore, we should label it as Stretch goal

mccool labels the issue

McCool: s label is for marking non critical issues, which will be still nice to have

<kaz> Issue 156 - JSONPath and XPath response data models

next issue reviewed is issue #156

mccool assigns to farshid the issue, under his request

<kaz> Issue 154 - Publish updated WD

next issue is #154, which is assigned to mccool

<kaz> Issue 150 - Definition of Problem Details error types

next issue is #150, which topic is using a specific schema for errors

in this issue farshid presents a list of errors that may occur in the directory

McCool: se errors should be aligned with error clases used by Scripting API

McCool: uld use data schemas for error responses in Directory TM, defined in wot thing description

Farshid: se errors are meant to be protocol agnostic, should we define them as part of discovery? and also link to the others mentioned?

McCool: re would you put the error type?

Farshid: will appear in the response body, in the "title" field

Farshid: comments could go to the link in the title, and check how to solve or info of the error

McCool: think we still want to define errors codes for HTTP

Farshid: , but many things a lot of errors have the same HTTP error code, these errors are more fine-grained

McCool: true, the problem is making these errors mandatory. They should be optional

McCool: let's go ahead and do it. Later we will check the security

as resolution, farshid will create a PR for this errors

<kaz> Issue 149 - Anonymous TDs in a directory

next issue been reviewed is #149

Farshid: this issue is resolved

McCool: I'm not totally happy with it, but I will mark it as resolved

mccool closes the issue #149

<kaz> Issue 148 - Discovery context and namespace under w3.org/ns

next issue been reviewed is #148

McCool: it is needed a resolution on this issue

McCool: the moment, let's keep using github's URL for the JSON-LD documents contexts

next issue been reviewed is #146

McCool: this issue relates to pagination

McCool: is there any text describing this?

Farshid: not yet

McCool: we need this in the text

McCool: we need to add "head" request to all endpoints

McCool: not clear how to add this to the TD

McCool: how does this interact with pagination?

Farshid: it should be the same than a regular GET; just the headers with no body

McCool: let's add an assertion

mccool assigns to farshid the issue

<kaz> Issue 144 - Which aspects of the Directory Service API's TD are normative?

next issue been reviewed is #144

mccool answers the comments made previously in the issue

<kaz> Issue 143 - SHACL validation

next issue is #143

McCool: the issue is about SHACL validation

McCool: the problem with validation is that the json schemas or shapes should be provided locally

mccool will tweak the text a bit to show the validation optional

mccool concludes that JSON schema should be a "MUST" and SHACL should be a "MUST"

(Kaz leaves for another call)


<kaz> PR 177 - Remove payload-based event filtering

first PR been reviewed is #177

Farshid: s PR is related with issue #176

mccool merges PR #177

<kaz> PR 174 - Improvements to expiry

next PR is #174

which is related to issue #18

mccool comments on the issue #18

mccool proposes closing the issue #18

since no objections are presented, the PR is merged

<kaz> PR 175 - Updated directory to new ontology model

next PR is #175

main issue is the class structure

cimmino will review the PR for next meeting

<kaz> PR 173 - Directory TD refactoring

next PR is 173

PR 173 is not close, we move to PR 160

mccool comments on the PR, giving 2 options to solve the PR

mccool is going to create an issue and relate it with the PR

additionally, he is setting up some actions for the PR

farshid volunteers for doing the renaming, one of the actions setted up

in next meeting PR about pagination will be prioritised


Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by scribe.perl version 131 (Sat Apr 24 15:23:43 2021 UTC).