Spoken Pronunciation Task Force Teleconference

27 January 2021


becky, Dee, Irfan, IrfanA, janina, JF, paul_grenier, Roy, shadi, SteveNoble, SteveNoble_
Irfan Ali

Meeting minutes

<paul_grenier> I have a hard stop at 1030 EST (bottom of the hour)

zakim next item

Agenda Review & Announcements

New Membership


zakin, next item

Github Issues https://github.com/w3c/pronunciation/issues

Irfan: good to close issues?

<Irfan> https://github.com/w3c/pronunciation/issues/70

Irfan: will close #70

paul_grenier: can we reference the audio recording?

janina: that should be fine

paul_grenier: will figure out how to capture audio for the example

Action: Paul to create a demo to create the video

<trackbot> 'Paul' is an ambiguous username. Please try a different identifier, such as family name or username (e.g., paulbohman, pgrenier).

Action: pgrenier to create a demo with video

<trackbot> Created ACTION-23 - Create a demo with video [on Paul Grenier - due 2021-02-03].

Action Updates https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/task-forces/pronunciation/track/actions/open

Irfan: on track for publication

Irfan: will inform the publishing working group and ask for feedback

Technical Approach document https://w3c.github.io/pronunciation/technical-approach/

Irfan: two approached have been added with examples

Irfan: may need additional examples

Irfan: feedback will be helpful - please review

paul_grenier: will look at formatting changes

<paul_grenier> I have to drop.

janina: we can use github issues to capture feedback

<Roy> public-pronunciation@w3.org

Roy: if people are not comfortable with github, they can email the list

janina: you can give Roy your ID if you want to edit the document

Other Business

Summary of action items

  1. Paul to create a demo to create the video
  2. pgrenier to create a demo with video
Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by scribe.perl version 127 (Wed Dec 30 17:39:58 2020 UTC).