WoT Architecture

17 Dec 2020



Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_Lagally, Ryuichi_Matsukura, Tomoaki_Mizushima


<scribe> scribenick: kaz

Prev minutes


Lagally: don't see any problems
... and would approve the minutes

(no objections and approved)


wot-architecture issues


Lagally: boilerplate text on diversity

Kaz: had discussion with Ralph, Philippe and Wendy
... need to wrap-up the discussion

Lagally: would assign you to this issue then

Kaz: ok

Issue 561

Lagally: on lifecycle
... should be defined in the UCTF

Lagally's comment

Issue 536

Lagally: keep this open

Issue 546

Lagally: editorial change on co-editors

Issue 546

Lagally: requirements on time stamps and time series

Kaz: we can transfer this issue to the wot-usecases repo
... though we need to add the labels (media, meig, requirements) after that transfer

Issue 522

Lagally: we need an owner for this issue

Issue 511

Lagally: to be transferred to wot-usecases

Issue 479

Lagally: agriculture requirements
... can close this issue itself since we've got input from Matsukura-san

kaz: yeah, and we can create another issue on agriculture for Cristiano on the wot-usecases repo

Lagally: ok
... (and close it)

Issue 472

Lagally: requirements template
... already done

kaz: maybe McCool wants to add some more security portions

Lagally: ok
... (adds comments and then transfers to wot-usecases)

Issue 465

Lagally: to be moved to wot-usecases

Issue 458

Lagally: to be moved to wot-usecases

Issue 457

Lagally: to be moved to wot-usecases

Issue 456

Lagally: to be moved to wot-usecases

Issue 454

Lagally: terminology for "Thing Template"
... note that it's now "Thin Model"
... and the Architecture spec already has one definition for that

<scribe> ... (closed the issue)

Issue 453

Lagally: terminology for "partial TD"
... need a MR

Issue 446

Lagally: can be closed
... (closed the issue)

Issue 437

Lagally: thought we had fixed the typos

kaz: just to make sure, we can quickly skim the REC

WoT Architecture REC

Lagally: (checks the REC)


Lagally: (and the ED)
... regarding the section 4.2.1, would like to keep the structure to have just one subsection for the moment
... but would close the issue 437 itself

rm: ok

Issue 420

Lagally: typo fixed
... (closed)

Issue 416

Lagally: it' done
... (closed)

Issue 200

Lagally: done
... (closed)

Issue 352

Lagally: also done
... (closed)

Issue 412

Lagally: keep this open
... to be discussed during the next call

Issue 417

Lagally: will talk with Ege

Issue 350

Lagally: done
... (closed)
... now we have 38 open issues

Profile issues

Issue 55

Lagally: ongoing

Issue 56

Lagally: needs discussion
... actually a question for the Use Cases TF
... btw, need to work on the feedback on FPWD

Issue 7

Lagally: keep this open
... btw, we have to put more effort for WoT Profile
... should provide necessary information for developers


DTDL repo

Lagally: (mentions Microsoft's Digital Twins Definition Language repo)


Lagally: (summarizes what happened this year, 2020)
... we published a REC for 1.0 version and a FPWD for 1.1 version
... would expect we work hard to add clarification to 1.1
... also work harder for Profile portions
... the next Architecture call should be held on 14 January 2021.

[time for beer and happy holidays!]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version (CVS log)
$Date: 2021/01/27 10:01:51 $