Cognitive and Learning Disabilities Accessibility Task Force Teleconference

17 Dec 2020


stevelee, Rachael, BetsyFurler_
Abi, and, David


<LisaSeemanKest> agenda

<LisaSeemanKest> ?agenda

<LisaSeemanKest> back in a sec

<LisaSeemanKest> back

<LisaSeemanKest> partial regrets. EA, Steve

<LisaSeemanKest> i cant join. is anyone else trying?

me neither

who is the host?

<LisaSeemanKest> i think rachael

<LisaSeemanKest> should we move to my zoom

<LisaSeemanKest> i can wrtie to the list

works for me

<LisaSeemanKest> are we in the normal meeting now?

<LisaSeemanKest> i cant see anyone

<Rachael> I am using this: https://www.w3.org/2017/08/telecon-info_coga

<LisaSeemanKest> zakim next item

issue review https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fc7TI8V6dNgFrD6wzGR8CjbbtO7Az0U-zYylrRSy8QQ/edit

<LisaSeemanKest> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JCnK65PxLEMxCUrdDSvagl5r2FqPjRgMdpzY4G3u4Vg/edit

<LisaSeemanKest> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l5xiuYG2IYBP7vgS5FSzOPJ1NtJdPRSckpY6tt3n9IE/edit

<LisaSeemanKest> see

<Rachael> replace implied content with "implied or ambiguous information"

<LisaSeemanKest> going over bens comments

<Rachael> Add to an appropriate pattern "When possible, use long hyphens rather than short hyphens to separate numbers.

<LisaSeemanKest> reminded of what i was doing

<LisaSeemanKest> scribe: stevelee

silver requirements update (rachael)

<LisaSeemanKest> rachael shut out whenu can do them

<LisaSeemanKest> zamkim, take up item 12

EA: Lisa's email was very good.

<LisaSeemanKest> steve is ok with it

Steve: +1

<LisaSeemanKest> https://www.w3.org/TR/coga-usable/#pattern-use-symbols-that-help-the-user

EA: checking latest ETSI rules ....

<LisaSeemanKest> use icone

EA: ETSI symbols definition appears to be for * and # characters on telephones

final edits

<LisaSeemanKest> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l5xiuYG2IYBP7vgS5FSzOPJ1NtJdPRSckpY6tt3n9IE/edit

Lisa: can +1 that email
... working through last edits

<LisaSeemanKest> zakim take up item 3

silver requirements update (rachael)

<LisaSeemanKest> aprove policy apendix?

<BetsyFurler_> +1

<LisaSeemanKest> +1

<LisaSeemanKest> any objection?

<LisaSeemanKest> approve content in the tesgin setion?

<LisaSeemanKest> +1

<BetsyFurler_> +1


<LisaSeemanKest> ea gives +1

<LisaSeemanKest> amy objection ?

<LisaSeemanKest> approve how to section with adding a section called "testing" add appendix 3

<LisaSeemanKest> +1

<BetsyFurler_> +1

<LisaSeemanKest> https://docs.google.com/document/d/16WitRWHe4xOaV0stgFt8q44dGmDBBAicSLvTvqT7ipU/edit#

<LisaSeemanKest> +1 from ea and john

<LisaSeemanKest> any objections?

rachel: please added sentence as we are not restructuring this section

<LisaSeemanKest> add links from summary

lisa: can add links to personas under each Summary section entry
... review of betsy's objectives

<LisaSeemanKest> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GWvDsahWqpk-kGI4alhzOZtae7uGsXg7dzYkJI2clx0/edit

lisa: I reviewed and Steve and John put in comments.

<LisaSeemanKest> answer the comments and use the new objectives?

<LisaSeemanKest> +1

lisa: other than edits are we OK using the objective text?

<BetsyFurler_> +1

<LisaSeemanKest> +1

Rachael: silver requirements - update to statement on requirments for needs of people wit hdissabilites

<Rachael> https://w3c.github.io/silver/requirements/

<Rachael> 4.1 Broader disability support

<Rachael> All Silver guidance has tests or procedures so that the results can be verified. In addition to the current true/false success criteria, other ways of measuring (for example, rubrics, sliding scale, task-completion, user research with people with disabilities, and more) can be used where appropriate so that more needs of people with disabilities can be included. This includes particular attention to accessibility for individuals with low

<Rachael> vision, cognitive and learning disabilities, whose needs can be better met with a broader testing approach.

<BetsyFurler_> +1

Rachael: are we OK wit this


<Rachael> individuals with low vision, limited vision, and cognitive and learning disabilities...

john: would like 'limited vision' added as is different to low vision

EA: in UK with have limited vision which coveres both

<LisaSeemanKest> i dont understand this

john - limited = limited field where as Low means can be corrected

lisa: current is confusing

rachael used to say wcag 2

<LisaSeemanKest> Not all a guidece has a true/false success criteria, but some hae other mechanism.

<Rachael> Some criteria may use true/false verification but others may use.....

<LisaSeemanKest> +1

Lisa - "in addition" might be interpreted to be AND not OR

<kirkwood> +1

<kirkwood> “rather than a binary true false” maybe a way to describe. current SC (as a suggestion)

lisa: no planned meetings for next 2 weeks. happy to hold editorial if anyone likes

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/12/17 15:59:22 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision of Date 
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/acan/can/
Succeeded: s/Racael/Rachael/
Default Present: stevelee, Rachael
Present: stevelee Rachael BetsyFurler_
Regrets: Abi and David
Found Scribe: stevelee
Inferring ScribeNick: stevelee

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 17 Dec 2020
People with action items: 

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]