WoT Marketing

24 Nov 2020


Kaz_Ashimura, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Kevin_Olotu, Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_McCool, Daniel_Peintner



review https://www.w3.org/2020/11/17-wot-marketing-minutes.html

no objections to publishing

will do so


Sebastian: all change requests have been sent, but no new news
... but not sure he saw them, checking

new URL

Sebastian: no official approval to use Welcome URL; Coralie asked for more time to check
... will affect timing to finish video, need to decide what to do
... did mention that we wanted to use it for the video
... will remind her again

McCool: wondering about timing
... if video is done before Christmas, then maybe launch in Jan
... along with new web content

Sebastian: will check with animator on timing

new website

Sebastian: let's look at the current status

<sebastian> https://w3c.github.io/wot-marketing/

Sebastian: quickly look at PRs; nothing for web content, but a couple others
... README update, can wait
... animated GIF logo, will merge

<sebastian> PR https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/pull/86

Sebastian: it is nice that it has timezones
... would be nice if it autoselected, will ask Daniel how hard it would be to do that

other ways to promote WoT

McCool: need a better opening paragraph

Sebastian: can you do that?

McCool: ok, will do PR
... maybe video thumbnail should go on first page?

Sebastian: maybe, let's see, don't want to clutter it
... we also need one paragraph for each task force

McCool: let's create issues in each task force to create this

Sebastian: and PRs should be done to resolve

Kaz: there is also issue 85 which lists all the content that needs to be created

<inserted> Issue 85

McCool: I still think a small issue in each TF is easier to see and resolve
... it can still link back to issue 85

(dape joins, group does recap)

Kaz: see also issue 84

<kaz> Issue 84

Daniel: ok, will take a look at this list and will see what I can resolve

McCool: occurs to me the breakout slide has some useful content

Daniel: also needs a native speaker to do a review

McCool: who else is a native speaker? David Ezell, Dave Raggett, Michael Koster
... but Ezell and Koster are likely busy, but we can ask Raggett

new WoT project, Eclipse editor

Sebastian: edi{TD}or
... motivation is to have a professional IoT authoring tool
... help with creation, rendering, edits, validation, and interact with a Thing
... reduces need for expert knowledge e.g. about JSON-LD
... use cases: engineering support, modelling support (eg for TMs and digital twins)
... first version is available
... (does little demo, some feedback given)

<sebastian> https://eclipse.github.io/editdor/

<sebastian> https://github.com/eclipse/editdor

Sebastian: feel free to post issues etc to the github repo

Kaz: what about referring to external ontologies?

Sebastian: can add, but no real tooling, e.g. to pick valid vocab

McCool: directory/discovery integration would be interesting
... also, explcit TM support, Vorto integration, Vorto as an instance of a WoT directory, etc.


Sebastian: unfortunately, Ege not here, will have to skip

next week cancellation

Sebastian: conflict with OPC-UA meeting, will have to cancel next marketing call
... looking at RDF conversion...
... probably just the chairs at first
... but perhaps a few others; will discuss in main call tomorrow


Kaz: one final thing, got email from the webmaster about renaming the 1.0 versions, and updating the URLs, and making the "generic" URLs point to the latest 1.1 version

McCool: although we will hold off the 1.1 until it is done

Kaz: but doing some setup and redirection from the generic URL to the 1.0 version would be a start

Sebastian: yes, makes sense


Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/12/16 06:45:08 $