Spoken Pronunciation Task Force Teleconference

18 Nov 2020


Irfan, paul_grenier, janina, Roy, paul_grenier_, NeilS, Dee, IrfanAli, SteveNoble_


<IrfanAli> trackbot, start meeting

<trackbot> Meeting: Spoken Pronunciation Task Force Teleconference

<trackbot> Date: 18 November 2020

<IrfanAli> Scribe: Dee

Agenda Review & Announcements

Go/No-go Decision

Irfan: Decision still pending.

Paul: Are we ready to create a CR?

Janina: Whether attribute or mainstream, we need a reserved prefix.

Mark: we can use data for exploratory purposes.

<paul_grenier> https://github.com/w3c/pronunciation/issues/68

Mark: Consider moving to a more formal document that includes out approaches.

Janina: open an issue on WATWG with the options.
... continue with data dash to prove the concept, but then need to change

Paul: there is a natural progression, but we need input

Mark: recast explainer document to be inclusive of our examples

Irfan: Do we need a technical approach document?

Mark: Could have more than one technical approach document.

Irfan: Is it okay to provide more than one tech approach document?

Roy: WE could start an editor draft for tech approach document
... Draft public working draft. Use document for liaison to other groups.

<Roy> https://github.com/w3c/pronunciation/wiki/Timeline

Timeline indicates completion by end of 2020.

Mark: Can we look at the tech approach doc and have competing approaches in the same doc?

Janina: Note that the approaches are for comparison and decision making.

Roy: We could have two approaches in one doc.

Editor's draft of technical approach document

Roy: The CR, the next step, would only have one approach.

Mark: Need a structure for the 4 approaches.

Irfan: We will have the 4 approaches in one working draft.

Mark: The final doc will have one approach.

The approached will need to be fleshed out.

Mark: How do we validate the work and move it along?
... Vounteers to take the JSON model.

Paul: Will take the multi- attribute model.

Discussion about obtaining a real world example, perhaps a poem or other suggestions. Can do a call-out for examples. Irfan will reach out.

Paul: SSML as a first class element and web element approaches, low effort.

Paul or Mark will take those approaches.

Irfan will follow up on examples.

Github Issues

There is one new issue.

Upcoming Meeting

Janina: proposal no meeting next Wed. We will meet on Dec. 2, 9, and 16. No meeting on Dec. 23 or 30.

Meetings resume in January 2021.

Other Business

No other business.

RSSAgent, make minutes

trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/11/18 15:49:24 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision of Date 
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Default Present: Irfan, paul_grenier, janina, Roy, paul_grenier_, NeilS, Dee, IrfanAli, SteveNoble_
Present: Irfan paul_grenier janina Roy paul_grenier_ NeilS Dee IrfanAli SteveNoble_
Found Scribe: Dee
Inferring ScribeNick: Dee

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 18 Nov 2020
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]