Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

30 Sep 2020


jasonjgw, nicolocarp, janina, SteveNoble, Joshue108_, scott_h


Maps for the Web workshop

Nicolo: presentation given yesterday - good feedback
... Discussion around HTML map element, some changes in process

<nicolocarp> https://maps4html.org/HTML-Map-Element-UseCases-Requirements/

<nicolocarp> https://discourse.wicg.io/t/towards-accessible-annotations-for-a-native-map-viewer-for-the-web-platform/4873

Josh: session was received well - lots of discussion

<Joshue108_> https://maps4html.org/HTML-Map-Element-UseCases-Requirements/#visitor-use-cases

Josh: Both use cases from the author perspective and user needs are in process

Janina: their is generally an interest or community group that moves such documents forward

<Joshue108_> +1 to having Judys input on this, MIchael also

Josh: taking the temperature of the broader community is a good tactic
... there are some specifics in this document that we can address from a disability perspective

Nicolo: representatives from the OGC and Immersive Web group, smaller companies and academics were in attendance

Janina: sounds like a "maybe" - but we seem to be missing the browser companies

Josh: Already use cases here, which we can take a look at - there is a need for guidance on accessibility

Janina: let's watch to see what develops

Group discussion - bring back to the table on October 21

Media Synchronization

<jasonjgw> Steve will read an additional reference cited by Scott.

<jasonjgw> Steve notes good progress on the literature reviw.

<jasonjgw> He also notes the valuable sources on lip reading synchronization.

TPAC planning and cross-group meetings

<janina> Calendar: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/0/htmlembed?src=c_0qf6nepl12m1b0r8qlgtgdaqog@group.calendar.google.com&amp;ctz=America/New_York

<janina> Wiki: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2020

Still a lot of meetings in flux

Nothing on October 12 due to holidays

Josh: Timed text on Oct 13

Janina: may be more than one meeting with Timed Text - meshes with our media synchronization focus

<Joshue108_> is there a need for specificity

<Joshue108_> performance metrics that can be realised in an API

Josh: brainstorm with the timed-text group - do we have a need for specificity and performance

<Joshue108_> and who would do that

Janina: we can share with them our wiki page in advance

WebRTC and APA

Josh: will look at updates early next Wednesday

<Joshue108_> It would be helpful for them to specify for us where the RTT stuff fits in

<Joshue108_> There are issues around meeting best practices - pinning users and sign language

<Joshue108_> We are planning to put this in the RAUR

<Joshue108_> JOC: Great idea to flag that

<Joshue108_> JS: Yes

Janina: having them walk us through their overall plan would be good

Web of things

<Joshue108_> We have a good agenda

<Joshue108_> my survey response is substantive

<Joshue108_> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2020/

Everyone can register for TPAC - no charge


Nothing here

Immersive Web - 12:00 PM Eastern

Anything other than XAUR??

Main thing - show them the XAUR draft and ask for feedback

360 degree captions - Silver is bringing that up

What about immersive maps?

Need to better understand our position on that

<Joshue108_> XAUR actually could support accessible Map user needs and requirements

<Joshue108_> for AR mapping etc

We can consider immersive web in connection with map overlays and can do that in the XAUR

XAUR discussion

Josh: we have an updated working draft

<Joshue108_> https://www.w3.org/TR/2020/WD-xaur-20200916/

Josh: there were substantial comments and good input

Janina will find the WOT survey and send to the list

Have to jump to another meeting

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/09/30 16:21:52 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision of Date 
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Default Present: jasonjgw, nicolocarp, janina, SteveNoble, Joshue108_, scott_h
Present: jasonjgw nicolocarp janina SteveNoble Joshue108_ scott_h
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: SteveNoble
Inferring Scribes: SteveNoble
Found Date: 30 Sep 2020
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]