WoT PlugFest/Testing

19 Aug 2020


Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Daniel_Peintner, Ege_Korkan, Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_Koster, Tomoaki_Mizushima


<kaz> scribenick: dape

Old minutes review

<kaz> Aug-12

--> no objections --> approved

Open PRs

McCool: Toumurasan did PR to organize directory structure
... also updated node-red scripts
... Farshid did bugfix for sync tool
... PR#36, https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/pull/36
... diagrams added
... link to demo video
... script of autopopulation
... --> merging
... PR#38, https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/pull/38
... bugfix only
... --> merging
... PR#48, https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/pull/48
... fairly big PR

Toumura: created new directory for event
... copied structure of last PF
... deleted other *old* content
... kept configuration in data

McCool: seems reasonable

Toumura: VPN material moved to top directory
... tools\vpn

McCool: no objections --> merging
... no open PRs left


<kaz> Issue 46

McCool: issue#46 https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/issues/46 should be done by previous PRs

Issues, https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/issues

McCool: Issue 42 about VPN instructions (https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/issues/46) done also
... closing

Logistics page

McCool: see https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/tree/master/events/2020.09.Online
... using Slack for chats
... shall we use Google hangouts also?
... Kaz brought up a question whether we should do a demo
... wonder whether we should do a 5 minute video instead

Kaz: yes, possible option
... might also try online hackathon (maybe also next time)

McCool: an actual Hackathon requires lot more organizational-wise
... let's add it to "Discussion" topic
... attention from developers or contributors ?

Kaz: PLH and the Project Management Team generates online documents and tools for Chairs and new participants
... could be used for guidance

McCool: PFs are more internal efforts at the moment
... Hackathon is meant for the public

<kaz> https://www.w3.org/PM/

Kaz: e.g., dashboard tools
... there is slides and video material about the tooling (member only)

<inserted> Dashboard tutorial (Member-only)

McCool: TODO list
... Toumura-san has established directory/README
... working on VPN and RaspberryPI script
... need to make sure server is up, certificates are valid et cetera
... should document IP ranges
... Scenario (see https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/tree/master/events/2020.09.Online#scenarios)
... plan to have services like directory services
... Demo
... need to request break-out session for that?
... shall we allocate one?
... deadline?

Kaz: brakouts wiki not open yet

McCool: OK, lets talk about this in main call

Issue 47

Koster: PlugFest Scenarios for OneDM


Koster: explorative examples

<mjk> https://github.com/mjkoster/ODM-Examples/blob/master/examples/switch-td.json

McCool: Structured organization of capabilities ?

Koster: Yes, similar to TD
... missing in TD: special functions

McCool: add "objects" to TD?
... should create TD issue

Koster/McCool: geolocation ontologies

Koster: geolocation data ... having schema
... in oneDM we do not define schemas
... in SDF you can use any schema

McCool: in practice a device might report geolocation
... would like to see it annotated so that I can figure out what it is about

Koster: Yes, datastructures should be annotated
... enums, complex datatypes
... e.g., semantically define what enum is .. and later how it is represented in JSON like "on"

McCool: Suggest work on combining oneDM and TD
... eg. capabilities

Koster: we can use already @type in TD
... pointing also to SDF file

McCool: let's suppose directory service for SPARQL (queries)
... doing query example with annotated TS
... where does annotation come from?

Koster: uri
... need to know where annotation comes from first

McCool: at the moment directory is plain JSON
... directory could hold models also
... Michael Koster, please comment on issue#47

<McCool> https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/issues/47

Koster: added example in issue and will add more

<kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/08/21 09:11:38 $