Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

29 Jul 2020


janina, scott_h, SteveNoble


Miscellaneous topics and updates.

<scribe> Scribe: SteveNoble

Janina: APA will be rechartering earlier than expected

This will expedite the ability for the pronunciation task force to publish

Janina: Expect a meeting with RTC and Xaur will be needed, also with Silver

Scott: What about remote meetings?

<janina> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2020

Jason: what about the web of things work?

Janina: Janina and Jason need to send out the statement on Web of Things - group consensus
... we are getting the list of groups for TPAC meetings

Judy: important to have good rationale for the meetings well stated, since many groups may be overwhelmed with requests

Janina: at some point we need to find teh right mechanism to define what it means to synchronize media...don't want people speaking and the audio to be out of sync due to benefit of lip reading

Jason: will need to do some research on the research literature on this topic
... web and machine learning?
... can declare them as "somewhat" under control at the moment

RTC Accessibility User Requirements - open issues.

Jason: IRC style interactions - issue #44


Jason: suggestion was made about buffering of real time speech to allow for braille support

Janina: may need to look at support for end-of-line terminators and how the user agent handles that

Jason: it would be useful to do some testing of this ourselves
... will take an action item to take some notes of this issue which Josh can look at it when he returns

Miscellaneous topics and updates.

Judy: input regarding the RTC charter

Jason: there was some parallel work in ATS we may need to look at

Janina: Silver will cover some of this, but not now

Judy: issues will be collected via Github issues as well as APA listserv?

Jason: Yes...that is usually the way

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/07/29 13:58:02 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision of Date 
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Default Present: janina, scott_h, SteveNoble
Present: janina scott_h SteveNoble
Found Scribe: SteveNoble
Inferring ScribeNick: SteveNoble
Found Date: 29 Jul 2020
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]