Spoken Pronunciation Task Force Teleconference

17 Jun 2020


Irfan, paul_grenier, Roy, Dee, SteveNoble, janina


Is anyone using the audio for the Zoom meeting?

<scribe> Scribe: Dee


Irfan: several members have expired memberships, some may need to be invited experts, others will be reinstated
... Roy is helping with the process.

Janina: Chair can also invite specific people.

Irfan: there are also some new applications

Janina: we just have to work the process.

Mark: will forward information about new members.

gitHub Issue Triage

Irfan: several tickets have been opened.

Paul: some are editorial

Mark: volunteered to address pub issue

Paul and Irfan: have responded to some issues.

Paul: need assistance for Ruby issue.
... there is an annotation technique specific to Japanese.
... okay with just a summary of Ruby

Janina: we do not have to accept everything, explain in issue and then close. Ask for agreement from issue author.

Paul: I will update the documentation where the Ruby issue appears.

technical approach document

Irfan: we are approaching the deadline, end of June.
... just need the attribute model in the document

Mark: Title should reflect the specification.

Janina: This is a specification document.

Mark: need suggestion for name.

Janina: go back to explainer document and update it as well and point to new spec.
... we should probable do a formal APA consensus vote for approach.

Janina will provide a template.

Mark: do we need to review the survey?

There may not be any actions that need to be taken.

Irfan: survey was opened before TPAC.
... It was opened until end of March.

Janina: We should look at it again.

Mark: Needs to drop for another meeting.

<Roy> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/110437/SurveyforAT/

<Irfan> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/110437/SurveyforAT/

Janina: we should run our approach through WCIG.
... coordinate moving specs through the different groups.

Paul: would like a statement from bodies that need to change the HTML about which approach is preferred.

Paul has some reservations about the attribute model.

Irfan: most response rank attribute model as viable

<Irfan> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/110437/SurveyforAT/results

Paul: Allowing an SSML tag as a first class tag in HTML, may be easier for implementation. There are issues with JSON.

Irfan: continue conversation next week to include others.

Janina: need to make best decision for success.
... we will have teleconferences for TPAC, beginning Oct. 12.

other business

Janina: this is not official

trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/06/17 15:04:28 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision of Date 
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Default Present: Irfan, paul_grenier, Roy, Dee, SteveNoble, janina
Present: Irfan paul_grenier Roy Dee SteveNoble janina
Found Scribe: Dee
Inferring ScribeNick: Dee
Found Date: 17 Jun 2020
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]