19 May 2020



Kaz_Ashimura, Jennifer_Lin, Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_Lagally, Michael_McCool, Sebastian_Kaebisch


<scribe> scribenick: kaz

Prev minutes (from the govtech calls)



McCool: Dibyendu's name is Ghosh

<McCool> it's Dibyendu Ghosh

McCool: "ae" is typo for "case"
... any objections to approve the minutes other than those fixes?



McCool: May-5
... David's nickname is redundant (dezell)
... typo of "EdgX" for "EdgeX"
... any objections?



Robotics update

McCool: talked Intel labs
... they actually do logistics
... so have been trying to find somebody
... for robotics
... right people at the meeting maybe next week

Jennifer: any useful platform, middleware, etc., in mind?
... we're open to take a look

McCool: need to establish an official collaboration
... and see a good person for that
... not rushing

Jennifer: right now I'm also swamped, so no rush either
... maybe in 2 months or so

McCool: would take some more time to find relevant guys

Jennifer: possibility of using robots outdoor as well as indoor

Lagally: what kind of environment in your mind so far?

Jennifer: some autonomous stack

<McCool> https://www.bbc.com/news/av/technology-52619568/coronavirus-robot-dog-enforces-social-distancing-in-singapore-park

McCool: guess whole mechanism for management

Lagally: kind of inline with the fleet management use case

McCool: let's add a topic on use case for "city dashboard vs fleet management"

Kaz: regarding robotics, there was a guy working on robotics during the wot f2f many years ago

Digital twin

<mlagally> https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/blob/master/USE-CASES/digital-twin.md

Lagally: smart city use case could be also simulated

Jennifer: interesting question
... didn't think about that
... can you list some initial questions so that I can ask my Team guys?

Lagally: there are a couple of variants
... at: https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/blob/master/USE-CASES/digital-twin.md
... which of those variants are of interest?

Jennifer: so far the subteam for smart building is looking at digital twin approach, so would like to get back to the whole Team

McCool: maybe the robotics Team is also using some kind of simulation mechanism

Lagally: possibly there are various simulation mechanisms based on the vendors

<mlagally> https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/blob/master/USE-CASES

Jennifer: could invite the robotics Team lead to this call

Lagally: would suggest we invite that person to the next call if possible

Kaz: a guy from a Japanese Member was working on automotive digital twin service, maybe interested in this use case
... can ask him to join this call and the use case call

McCool: yeah, let's ask him to try the next call

City dashboard vs fleet management

Fleet management use case

McCool: (adds comments to the use case)
... not superceded by #489
... since it seems that this use case covers things like logistics, delivery routes, etc.

McCool's added comments

Lagally: there are various stakeholders

McCool: maybe would narrow to fleet management logistics first, and think about the other parts separately
... (and then adds another comment)
... this issue 435 is "logistics fleet management"

McCool's additional suggestion

Lagally: will look into that

McCool: Jennifer, does it seem good to you?
... we need to look into all the use cases
... including security ones and discovery ones
... starting with the next week
... (mentions a security use case on OAuth2)

security issue on OAuth2 device flow

scripting issue on OAuth2 code flow

McCool: there is general discussion on how to deal with OAuth2 during the other TFs' calls

Jennifer: will take a look at that

McCool: wondering if there are any issues on proprietary or non-OAuth2 key management

PoC TF's affiliation

<McCool> proposal: This call (the PoC TF) call is an IG call and follows the IG IP policy.

Lagally: what is the pros/cons?

Kaz: the main point is whether the deriverable of this TF would be a Rec track document or not, and my understanding is NO. So considering this TF part of the IG is reasonable, and that is my original understanding.
... however, we were not clear enough so far, so let's check with the whole groups during the main call

McCool: makes sense


Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/05/25 08:18:16 $