14 May 2020



Ian Jacobs (W3C), Clinton Allen (American Express), Fawad Nisar (Discover), Andrey Bannikov (Facebook), Nick Telford-Reed, David Benoit, Rolf Lindemann (Nok Nok), John Fontana (Yubico), Adrian Hope-Bailie (Coil), Laura Townsend (MAG), Rob Martin (Capital One), Danyao Wang (Chrome), Erhard Brand (Entersekt), Justin Toupin (Google)
Chris Dee (FIS Global)



<nicktr> https://github.com/w3c/webpayments/wiki/Code-A-Thon-2020

NickTR: Lots of good ideas have been suggested.
... this will be an experiment
... Web Payments, Web Authn, guests invited to participate

<jfontana> Nick: 26th 9am PDT lightning talks

<jfontana> ...next day and a half , then have session on 28th are report back to group

<jfontana> logistics, use video conferencing

<nicktr> adrianHB: this will be relatively asynchronous

<nicktr> ...with digital meeting points

<nicktr> ...I suspect we'll get little groups forming and then coming back for rapid feedback

<nicktr> ...Most hackathons have that dynamic of groups separating off

<nicktr> ...Timezones is obviously an issue but we hope it will be a rolling event as people come on line

<nicktr> https://docs.google.com/document/d/12dXArNEw5UTQvvhJmNl0zBIOt4E_YqHbXesaw4RIF1I/edit#heading=h.gjdgxs

<nicktr> Ian: we're having lots of conversations in our various sub-groups

<nicktr> ...for example SRC in the light of proposed browser changes

<nicktr> ...so experimentation with WebAuthn might be interesting

<nicktr> ...we hope that NACHA may experiment with ACH

<nicktr> ...Worldline, Entersekt, Chrome, AmazonPay, Mozilla all hope to attend

<nicktr> ...I would love to push the question of "what's the slickest UI we can achieve with payment handler"?

TPAC 2020

<nicktr> ian: we think it will be too complex to hold a F2F meeting in October

<nicktr> ...so the staff are starting to plan for remote only

<nicktr> ...we had a very successful pseudo-F2F as a WG

<nicktr> ...but TPAC is even more about cross-pollination

<nicktr> ian: so the ask for the group is two-fold:

<nicktr> ...who should we be meeting with as a WG?

<nicktr> ...what ideas to people have for fostering cross-pollination?

<nicktr> ian: I wanted to set expectation that remote-only is the likely solution, and so please hold off on making travel plans

<scribe> scribenick:Ian

NickTR: Anybody been to any remote-only meetings and have experiences to share?

benoit: Virtual sessions are great for agenda-driven meetings. Informal sessions are harder to manage when people have competing obligations (e.g., home obligations)
... we need to give ourselves permission to take a break while in a virtual session

Payment Request issue

<nicktr> https://github.com/w3c/payment-request/issues/912

"Make "total" and "details" optional"

See also new proposal for Digital Product Management https://discourse.wicg.io/t/proposal-web-payments-digital-product-management-api/4350

<nicktr> thread is here https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-payments-wg/2020May/0004.html

benoit: This type of dynamic, or on the fly computation of the total is valuable for dynamic currency conversions
... or conversions that might not be known to the merchant site

NickTR: I could not get my head around whether making total optional would make dynamic linking harder.

AdrianHB: It may be possible to call one API then the other. I think we need more clarity

<benoit> +1

AdrianHB: and we should defer changes to PR API until there is more clarity

crallen: I think it's an interesting idea. From an architectural perspective it might be overloading PR API with product information.
... but ultimately you get to the same end

Tr Conf proposal



IJ: I Wanted to raise awareness about this.
... and emphasize this for code-a-thon

AdrianHB: +1
... I think we can get close and mock up bits that require browser changes

Blog post on security topics

<nicktr> Ian posted https://www.w3.org/blog/2020/05/payments-and-authentication-driving-toward-a-whole-greater-than-parts/

<AdrianHB> +1

<nicktr> ian: at the WPSIG (which follows) we will hear from EMVCo on some changes that are happening in that world

<nicktr> ...and I hope that requirements will begin to trickle down

crallen: Thanks for that context, Ian

Next meeting

- 26-28 May code-a-thon

- 11 June WPWG call

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/05/14 14:43:34 $