Pronunciation Task Force Teleconference

15 Apr 2020


Léonie, (tink), irfan_, paul_grenier, Dee, Roy, mhakkinen


<Roy> Shawn's question: * What is the role of the "Explainer" document? How does the information in it relate to the information in the other documents?

<Roy> * The Explainer addresses two approaches: "In-line SSML within Web Content" and "Attribute-based Model of SSML". How does that relate to the 6 "use cases" in https://www.w3.org/TR/pronunciation-gap-analysis-and-use-cases/#use-cases? Are you proposing that all of these use cases apply? Or, were these the 6 initially considered and they were boiled down to the 2 in the Explainer? Or other???


Zakim next item

Pronunciation documents and announcements

Irfan: Janina will reply about the explainer document.

Next step for explainer document

Irfan: What will be the future of the explainer document?

Janina: At this point, nothing more to do. May need to update later. Perhaps publish as a note once finalized.

Irfan: At some point we may need to add specific references.

Janina: We may need to update use case/gap analysis as well.

<irfan_> Scribe: Dee

<tink> The AOM explainer https://wicg.github.io/aom/explainer.html

The group discussed aom, but decided not to pursue it.

Next step for gap analysis document

Leonie: will be editor as soon as we can update the spec.

No other comments at this time.

technical approach document

Irfan: Paul and Irfan will work on this.
... I will update the document this week.

Paul Grenier: There will be demo pages to address each of the techniques. Hoping for testing or text book partners to provide robut examples.

<irfan_> TextHelp

Group is considering adding someone from TextHelp.

other businesses

<irfan_> http://afuturedate.herokuapp.com/?fbclid=IwAR1jLy1CBU2c5HH4v4KODohXb63ir9iYlZDF1js4PC4iH-_6QKsvICxLM5M

Janina: Need to discuss if/how TPAC will happen.
... What do we envision for this task force. Add to agenda for next meeting.

Irfan: There are some plans to have other virtual conferences. Refer to link previously posted.

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2020/04/15 14:36:31 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: Léonie (tink) irfan_ paul_grenier Dee Roy mhakkinen
Found Scribe: Dee
Inferring ScribeNick: Dee
Found Date: 15 Apr 2020
People with action items: 

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]